Nancy Pelosi's Progressively Worse Thread

Don’t know what you’re implying here. Just snapping.

This youtube of Pelosi is so frigging bad.
The #1 leader of the U.S. has dementia, #2 is an idiot, and #3 leader of the U.S. has dementia. Embarrassing.

This tweet sums it up:

https://twitter.com/Manwhosolditall/status/1554574787229298689?s=20&t=-C7Cs_ekrKHjxLZFcQOwKA

2 Likes

Jimmy Dore! Ya, there should be a cap on age for politicians. Unless they are exceptional.

1 Like

I betcha English Vegetable has more interesting conversations with her cats than she did with Nancy Pelosi.

1 Like

Sounds like she needs a remedial lesson in English.

The Taiwanese government spent more than 3 million dollars lobbying Nancy Pelosi from 2018 to 2022. That’s actually pretty cheap!!!

Perhaps someone will debunk this …

1 Like

Could be lots of reasons.

Maybe they don’t take women seriously, especially very old ones that never came to visit before. They could find it a bit humiliating

Maybe they don’t think it is necessary, they have other things to di

Maybe they’re annoyed at the China factor. Her visit to Taiwan impacts them, also. Further to this, maybe they didnt want to risk problems with China by encouraging her

Maybe they already had plans

Etc.

Still better than the last guy, is something

You keep saying that, but I would be interested to see what metric you use to determine he is better?

Inflation?
Supply chains?
The world is safer place?
His handling of Afghanistan?
His handling of Ukraine?
Massive increase in fertilizer costs and foreseeable further price hikes in food prices?
Backlog of ships entering ports?
Fuel costs, energy costs?
His handling of Covid?
Erudite, clearly spoken and exuding charisma, much like Obama?
Clearly working his ass of and doing daily impromptu off the cuff Q&A with the media like the last guy did?
Handling of illegal immigration at the southern border?
Guiding the country into a depression (perhaps stagflation too)?

Seems more like you just detested the previous guy and no matter the number of negatives you could assign to Biden he will always be better because you couldn’t hate someone more than the last guy.

2 Likes

I’m not going to go through this list point by point, you and i will never see eye to eye on thus issue

For some of this list, yes

For some of this list, you’re oversimplifying

There isn’t a single item on that list where Trump’s actions are the sole factor in things being better under his presidency

I think you’re projecting

Anyways, Biden hasn’t been a great president, ni doubt. Would all of this have been better if Trump had gotten a second term? We have no reason to believe that.

1 Like

Some of them I had no doubt you might say yes and others were deliberately open for opinion, if you keep saying “better than the last guy” it kind of begs the question “how are you determining that? No mean tweets?”

1 Like

If I were Taiwan politicians, why not. Seems like a good strategy. Lobbying isn’t a big deal. America corporations do it all the time. Campaign contribution is common.

Corruption works until it doesn’t. The good news for the politicians is no one local knows how to make guillotines anymore :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s unusual in diplomatic channels….Pelosi is neither the US President nor the Foreign secretary (despite her delusions of grandeur) so she is not at the same rank as Yoon Suk-Yeo and his foreign minister.

Korea has a much more pressing matter than Taiwan - North Korea. And Pelosi’s visit has stirred things up with the North Koreans.

So, perhaps the Koreans allowed her, as an American ally, to visit. But at the same time, they did not roll out the red carpet as a balancing act with North Korea in mind….

That must be why his approval ratings are higher than Trump’s. Oh, wait… :smirk:

1 Like

We don’t know what Trump’s ratings would be like now, we only know who won the last election

We don’t know what the world would be like now if he were president. What, do you think he has some kind of special relationship with Putin?

The “what if” which I find waste of time. It is what it is…stay in the present. Although if Trump still president…Russia probably won’t invade Ukraine. NATO would be a mess with Trump as president. I dunno man… what do i know…i know nothin

1 Like

His ratings at this time in his term were much higher than Biden’s now.

Don’t tell me you believed the Russia collusion hoax.

1 Like

That’s nice. He sure had an easier ride crisis-wise

I believed that Putin wanted him in the White House. I believed that there was enough reason to hold an investigation. I believed the investigation cleared Trump of suspicion of collusion. I believed that was the end of it. I believe you didn’t answer my rhetorical question