Nanshan, New Breeze Mall Xinyi

this is what we need. more western stuff please. new malls are great but even better if there are some new shops and restaurants

Before opening to the public, they invited a group of social media ‘influencers’ to check things out. Bring in the sycophantic millennials to generate ‘profile’ online…

Looks almost identical to the new one in Tu Chen minus the gorgeous model.

Ewwwwww

Cannot unsee…

Visiting the new mall. Five floors of food and four floors of shops. B1 smells like a stinky food court. If you like standing in lines for nothing that deserves a line, go now before the lines die down.

But go anyway for the I-RIDE virtual flying over Taiwan.

Edit to add info: Most the same restaurants in every other mall with a few new and unique ones maybe worth a visit when there are no people because every place the tables are all crowded together loud and noisy.

Any special restaurant? Or the same that can be find in all other shopping malls?

Most the same restaurants in every other mall with a few new and unique ones maybe worth a visit when there are no people because every place the tables are all crowded together loud and noisy.

wot is Tu Chen?

I’ll definitely skip the “wait in line” experience, but if in a week or two I’ll have to go around there, i’ll pay a visit to their food court.

Dirt City.

1 Like

What’s the Blue Bottle coffee thing about? When I went there they had a limited opening with cups and other products for sale only. Even still, people were lined up for a good ways outside. We tried “Red Kitchen” in the food court which looked to be offering a somewhat US-style Chinese experience, but I wouldn’t really recommend it.

You can see current restaurants - well, the ones that are listed anyway - if you browse by floor at this site:

Yeah keep checking as they are continually opening. You can notice as you walk around looks like it’s opening tomorrow or in three days or next week.

I didn’t realize there were restaurants up on the top floors. On a nice day those may be worth trying out anyway, just for the view.

But for the restaurants, man, is it that hard to have a link through to give more information about them?! (And Saffron46’s home page seems to be one of those Facebook pages that you can’t see if you’re not logged in to Facebook, which is another level of annoyance.)

Huh. I’m looking for websites of restaurants in Taipei. This would be called procrastination on the stacks of marking I’m supposed to be doing.

Smith & Wollensky looks nice, but I’m weary it’ll deliver on the food.

Yes those are the top of the building. Didn’t really look interesting so will check back in a few weeks.

Literally and metaphorically, yes that is “Tu Chen”

Oh come on, it has the world’s only Nougat Creativity Museum

Has anyone heard news about Breeze Group buying out Bayshore Pacific and taking over its portfolio of restaurants: Smitt & Wollensky, TFI Fridays, Dan Ryan’s, etc?

I think Bayshore underwent an ownership change 2 years ago and renamed Casual Restaurants according to this story

I am curious about the terms of the sale to Breeze, in case anyone can share here or PM me about it