NASA, Times, Google Earth team up to show timelapse images of earth

These are human activities that changes the face of the Earth

world.time.com/timelapse/

Dubai’s coastal expansion

Deforestation of Brazilian Amazon

Columbia Glacier Retreat

Lake Urmia (wish they have one for the Deadsea, and other huge Eurasia inland lakes

Las Vegas Urbanization

The Vegas one is terrifying-looking. It reminds me of the Zerg creep in Star Trek, or like a map of some kind of outbreak.

Go and look up Dongguan 廣東東莞… it’s impressive.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]The Vegas one is terrifying-looking. It reminds me of the Zerg creep in Star Trek, or like a map of some kind of outbreak.

Go and look up Dongguan 廣東東莞… it’s impressive.[/quote]

Minor quibble. Zerg creep’s in Star Craft, Borg cubes’ from Star Trek.

Chengdu blows my mind, too. But for the most part, Taiwan hasn’t changed much in the past 20 years.

The Amazon one is interesting because (it seems to me) it shows not deforestation but land degradation and abandonment of already-deforested areas. It suggests there are large areas of land which could be acquired for next-to-nothing by anyone prepared to reforest them …

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]The Vegas one is terrifying-looking. It reminds me of the Zerg creep in Star Trek, or like a map of some kind of outbreak.

Go and look up Dongguan 廣東東莞… it’s impressive.[/quote]

Zerg Creep in STAR TREK!?!?? WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! O_o

You, sir, need to get your nerd-facts straight.

I am hanging my head in shame. Of course I meant Star Wars: Deep Space Babylon. The one where Doc takes him to the future, that is.

I can’t wait for the episode where Deep Space 5 meets Babylon 9, that would be awesome.

I think they are revoking my geek-card as I type this sentence…