NASA to crash probe into the Moon

[quote]LOS ANGELES -
[b]NASA plans to crash a space probe into the moon in 2009

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote]LOS ANGELES -
[b]NASA plans to crash a space probe into the moon in 2009

Yeah! I agree with stan-the-man. If you lot end up breaking the moon, it’s not gonna help with the international relations thing much you know.

I just wonder about this. I mean NASA is not the world, it’s the US.

How would everyone feel if it was India doing this?

If Nasa had actually landed on the moon in the first place :wink: , you think they would have done some simple drilling. Crashing into a planet to create a plume so that a mothership can swoop on thru it all sounds a bit “Team America” to me.

Guys, you are forgetting that very big/heavy shit, going very fast, crashes into the moon ALL THE TIME. Rocks. Big ones. Moon is still there.

It’s no big deal. Just be glad they’re not crashing it into uranus.

Richardm could have predicted someone would say that.

Anything is possible. Did you see the Time Machine where they moon starts to break up because they are building underground colonies? That was cool.

And I bet that really hurts. Ouch.

That was the first thing I pictured when I started reading this thread. :astonished:

That was the first thing I pictured when I started reading this thread. :astonished:[/quote]

Me too. My first thought was to get my Morlock whacking stick oiled up and ready to go.

Should we send Bruce Willis up?

They are drilling, just with a blunt object. :smiling_imp:

No, we need him down here to help keep order when the moon starts to break apart. We should send up his disrespectful, no good, son-in-law.

Bruce missed with the shotgun but maybe the moon can get him.