Molesting the wildlife!

In the news today, German child (teenager) to be fined between 60 and 300 thousand NT for touching a turtle while snorkeling. From the timeline of events it seems very much like another foreigner witch hunt ala the banana skin controversy. Given the large scale abuse of animals and the environment that goes completely unpunished in Taiwan, does this tourist really deserve to be fined for the below?

2 Likes

If he didn’t follow posted rules, sure.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::joy::joy: That’s good.

2 Likes

Maybe a day picking up trash on the beach would do. There were signs saying not to.

3 Likes

You lost me.

I think you were lost before I came along.

1 Like

Nah, your argument is just total nonsense.

:rofl: Funny, this is Taiwan. Rules are there to be broken!

Anyways, when scuba diving or snorkeling, watch, don’t touch, don’t take!

6 Likes

Rules are rules. If you don’t follow them, be prepared to accept the consequences :2cents:

1 Like

I wasn’t aware I was arguing. Perhaps you’re most lost than you thought?

1 Like

Tell that to people on the street, be prepared to be laughed at!

2 Likes

True, calling it an argument gives it far too much credit. You asked a question, which I answered, and your response is to throw various kinds of nonsense at me. If you didn’t want an answer, maybe you shouldn’t have asked the question?

They can laugh all they want, I’ll be gone. I have no time for people like that.

1 Like

I believe it was ‘harassment’ of wildlife he’s guilty of, not ‘molesting’… unless he slipped a finger up that turtle’s backside :shushing_face:

If you’re a local: let off with a warning.

If you’re a laowai: punishment to the full extent of the law (plus character assassination by Apple Daily).

5 Likes

Hard to say if that would be the case here. I doubt it! Except for the character assassination.

The thing is, he’s a kid. That fine is on his parents. What should happen is he learns a lesson and do some kind of community service for a day cleaning up the beaches or something.

2 Likes

That would be cool, but I’d be more concerned about protecting the wildlife.

2 Likes

My sense of fairness says yes, but my decades in Taiwan say no.

2 Likes

You need a drink?

1 Like