National Palace Museum Southern Branch

No one else seems to have posted about this place, so here’s my two cents:

bradttaiwan.blogspot.tw/2016/05/ … ranch.html

Nice write up. If the tea and jade exhibition is still on, I’m going to plan a trip to take my parents there.

[quote=“StevenCrook”]No one else seems to have posted about this place, so here’s my two cents:

bradttaiwan.blogspot.tw/2016/05/ … ranch.html[/quote]

Thanks for sharing. I was really looking forward to the museum finally opening. Regrettable but not unpredictable that it turned out this way.

I guess that means chicken rice’s preeminence as Jiayi’s top tourist attraction is not imperiled for the time being.

Since we are short of funds, we haven’t been ther eto cover it, but managed to publish stuff about it through third parties sources. But what has ben pointed as remarkable was the history section dioramas and the 3D displays.

There is also a current exhibition on the Dutch history on the island. That sounds interesting.

And there are special travel packages with high speed rail tickets, museum entrance tickets and lodging, all in one.

Nice write-up. The circumspect tone is very helpful. I wonder if the folks in charge will pay any attention to the obvious shortcomings of this place? Southern Taiwan has so much visitor potential, but I can’t help but think that this place could become yet another mosquito hall.

Guy

Anyone been here recently? How is it?