Nationwide: Level 2 epidemic warning (from October 17, 2021) - Rules, FAQ

Since this is the Level 3 “rules” thread, it may be helpful to link a story with more details about some of the penalties for noncompliance.

• Not complying with the limits of indoor / outdoor gatherings (including religious processions)? between NT$60,000 and NT$300,000

• Not wearing a mask after leaving home? up to NT$15,000

• A business that does not comply with the new rules? up to NT$300,000

Minister Chen’s explanation:

“The aim is not to punish, but to set up rules that people can abide by,” Chen stressed, urging people to cooperate with the government and follow the rules.

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202105150009

Guy

13 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outdated from Nationwide: Level 2 epidemic warning

For leaving your name at places in Taipei City, it sounds like this Taipei City app works at a bunch of places - 北市推實名制神器 申請專屬QR code省去手寫表格 - 生活 - 中時新聞網

Download links: 下載安裝APP.台北通

I say sounds like because if you have an ARC it requires manual verification of your account that takes 1-2 business days :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I haven’t been able to find it through the English site. It does pop directly up in the Chinese version but I haven’t tried it yet.

Hold on.

EDIT - I wasn’t able to do it - the numbers aren’t visible on the back of my card. It does have info for foreign names, requires an APRC or ARC for non-Taiwanese and seems to be easy enough…though it’s all in Chinese.

1 Like

Restrictions of Entering Taiwan
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/6928/6940/212474/264793/

6 Likes

Mods: I don’t know where to post this, so please move accordingly.

For pet owners in Taipei, specifically dog owners, how can I find out about the rules for walking dogs if we were to move to level 4. I’m hearing mixed answers from friends.

1 Like

Related article in Mandarin

1 Like
3 Likes

Q&A on CDC site says “The indoor party must not exceed 5 people (inclusive)” in Chinese, to make it clear that 5 are included in the prohibited number. It is one of things hard to understand for me why people are so confused by the word. It clearly means “and above” as @finley said.

Many English articles say over 5, 5+, or often more than 5, so they are unclear or wrong, but Chinese is very clear.

This article correctly says “more than 4”

This site also correctly says “5 or more”

All family or social gatherings indoors with 5 or more people are banned

Level 3 COVID-19 Alert in Place for Taipei City Effective May 15

2 Likes

for Taipei

3 Likes

Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) said in Saturday’s (July 17) pandemic update that masks are still mandatory at all times during the semi-lockdown. However, eating and drinking in the car for family members who live together will not be penalized. This does not apply if one of the passengers is not a family member or doesn’t live in the household.

2 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes

People will also be allowed to swim, snorkel and carry out other other activities at the beach, as long as they wear a mask when they are not in the water, he added.

Currently, only limited activities that allow social distancing, such as scuba diving and surfing, are permitted at the beach, according to the CECC.

3 Likes

This week, the CECC plans to lift the ban on eating and drinking in train ticketing areas, remove the cap on tour bus passengers, and reopen cultural and sports events. Starting Oct. 5, some leisure and entertainment venues such as KTV and MTV will be opened with conditions.
[…]
The following leisure and entertainment venues will remain closed:
Karaoke parlors, dance halls, nightclubs, hostess bars, bars, and barbershops offering sexual services.

3 Likes

New rules (relaxed regulations) on indoor dining are now in effect in Taipei City:

Guy

8 Likes

In a Facebook post uploaded at noon on Friday, Minister without Portfolio Chang Ching-sen (張景森) wrote that he ran into Chen and asked him if it was necessary to wear a mask when hiking in the mountains. He claimed that Chen responded by saying, “Why would you need to?”

Chang said that many people including himself had believed that masks were mandatory at all times when going outside. Chen responded by saying, “There is no such requirement. When out in an open field without any people, there is no need to wear a mask.”

Chen then added, "You only need to wear one when coming close to other hikers." Chang then asked Chen if he could reveal these comments to the public and he agreed.

[…]

The CECC head responded by stating that the center will announce adjustments to outdoor masking-wearing rules on Sunday. Chen said that he has received feedback from the Council of Agriculture and other government departments that it is “a bit unreasonable” for people plowing fields alone or hiking on their own or with family members in the mountains to have to wear face masks.

9 Likes

Source

7 Likes

Source

5 Likes