Navigating government training assistance programs

Yes, isn’t that strange. That doesn’t bother me as much as there being no sample exams or text to help you study for the entrence exams and that failing the exam puts you in the back of the line.
My wife’s factory burned down in April the first class she can get into is in october. With TW closing down and consolidating schools all over TW it apears there is a huge need for vocational training that isn’t being concidered.

Is the class she wants to take a very special course?
For many courses, past exams are listed in the site I linked.

If the training assistance program is not 職業訓練生活津貼 (Living Allowance for Vocational Training), this may not be useful for your situation, but might be useful someone who would come for information on this.

Edit:the url doesn’t work, so you need to search the following words and there should be a pdf file with the address below.

就業保險法職業訓練生活津貼非自願失業者推介參訓流程
http://webadm.tainan.gov.tw/tn/tainan/warehouse/ ****

To apply for this, you need to do求職登記 (registration for job applications) to try to find a job, and to take an aptitude assessment and to get a referral for a training course.

Tando,after doing more research and reading the information you kindly provided “Thank you” I think I’m getting a grasps of the situation. You asked what program she was appling for. Actually both.
Because its take so long to get into a class (6 months in her case) she needs support while she waits for her class to begin
But then she need support while her class goes on for 6 months.
Unfortunately, she is being told, she is only entitaled to one. Either she starts a job search and they will pay support in the form of unemployment payments or she waits the six months without support until her class starts and they will pay support during the period of the class as vocational support. Either way she is without support for 6 months, hardly a viable safety net for anyone interested in bettering themselves thru vocational training after a disaster.

Yes, the government support is for 6 months in total in a certain period.

One thing I’m not sure is, is she eligible to the support during a training, if she would get a fixed term job finishing by the starting or application date of the training?

Added:
被保險人因定期契約屆滿離職,逾1個月未能就業,且離職前1年內,契約期間合計滿6個月以上者,視為非自願離職。

In the home country no matter what, unemployed entitles you to benefits (unless you resign, or get sacked for urgent reasons). Retraining will actually increase your benefit payment. Sometimes it takes a while before you can enter a program due to high demand. But you always get unemployment money paid.

In Taiwan I heard unemployment benefits can be by way of a loan, you have to repay.

Taiwan is different . Form what we are being told by the labor deportment it’s either, OR here. Either you wait 3 to 6 months for a training course to start, during which time you receive nothing in the form of support or you accept unemployment just to keep the lights on which will result in you not being elegible to update your skills with training.
We have made the decision to forgo the unemployment money and use saving to support my wife while she waits for her class to begin in October. The fire was back in july!
Taking the unemplyment would require her to search (and accept) any job some buracrate sees as “good enough” or lose both the unemployment and the training for “not seriously looking”
So basically the only way to actually get the training you’re entitaled to, is starve for 6 months until the class begins . I don’t believe anyone seriously came up with this system as it is now, it just worfed into this situation as training classes got later and later.
I believe the decision was suppose to be almost simultaneous "You want unemplyment or re-training. Not unemplyment now or training in 6 months while you starve.

Its no wonder so few people choose to update their skills.

Yes she is eligible for paid training because her job lose was a result of a fire closing her factory. Its interesting what you said about a fixed term job,they didn’t mention anything about that posiblity but I don’t think it would, even if you could find such a rare position.
The education department says taking any job longer that two weeks in durations makes you ineligible to receive training.

14 days in total

I found the answer to my question. If you get a fixed term job, it is recognized as involuntary unemployment when the contract is terminated, and eligible for the support with some conditions.

Once she would get a job and work for a certain period with employment insurance, she could apply for “Industrial Human Resource Investment Program” 在職員工職業訓練/產業人才投資方案. It will support 80~100% of tuition for a training program. I don’t know the details, but it might be worth to check if she wants to upgrade her skills.

Thank you Tando for all the information. Tomorrow is the deadline they set for her to give her decision. No more time is available so we will stick with the decision to wait for the training class and forgot support until then. Thanks again