Ne0 Taiwan

I’m going to be making a series of these, this is the first one so far, I’d love some feedback on what you guys think of it, There’s around 7 night photos in there, with 20+ hours of post design

that’s an awesome picture.

Nice shot, but why so many hours of post design?
:no-no:
Art is best kept simple.
As an editor, all I can say is a hands off approach works wonders on the capture of any essence.

Are they 7 photos of different scenes that you’ve composited together, or 7 photos of the same scene that you’ve processed together?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Nice shot, but why so many hours of post design?
:no-no:
Art is best kept simple.
As an editor, all I can say is a hands off approach works wonders on the capture of any essence.[/quote]

I don’t think you understand (not to sound rude). This is not one photo with 20 hours worth of filters or something lol , it’s 7 different photos (that make up the actual scene, not including the motorbike for example below) , composited together and combined with digital illustrations, using photoshop. Backdrops in scifi films for example are made this way.

after I have the basic layout sorted I add postwork with my tablet… Not an Ipad, something l ike this:

The motorbike in the image I posted, was made from scratch using a picture of a tractor/engine/scooter wheels for example, even the final version of the bike looks quite rough, but I know in the final I’ll be darkening it and adding smoke etc so it doesn’t matter:

Here are some of the photos I used to make the scene,:

The final product in the original post is around 200+ layers… Hence the postwork taking such a long time…

Great stuff! You’re assembling your own world,

[quote]. . . created
Of every creature’s best.[/quote]–Shakespeare, The Tempest, 3.1.60

[quote]For, don’t you mark? we’re made so that we love
First when we see them painted, things we have passed
Perhaps a hundred times nor cared to see;
And so they are better, painted–better to us,
Which is the same thing. Art was given for that. . . .[/quote]–Robert Browning, “Fra Lippo Lippi”

I think its amazing.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]
As an editor, all I can say is a hands off approach works wonders on the capture of any essence.[/quote]

I have no idea what that means…

As an editor all I can say is hands off = laid off. :sunglasses: