Need a good doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine

Do any of you know a good [wikipedia]doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine[/wikipedia] in Taipei or anywhere else in Taiwan? I heard 90% of them suck, but the good ones are extremely good.

I don’t believe in Western medicine. I need recommendations if you guys know any! Thanks.

if you don’t believe in western medicine what makes you think TCM will work?

Yangming hospital has a Chinese Medicine dept. Probably most of the hospitals here do.

Really? :ponder:

A friend of mine and my father-in-law felt the same. Both were diagnosed with cancer and went the ‘Traditional Chinese medicine’ way.

When they finally decided to go to hospital doctors said ‘there is nothing we can do because you waited too long’. :frowning:

Just saying.

Do you believe in washing your hands after using the toilet?

Do you believe in eating healthy, and avoiding pesticides and manure on your food?

Do you believe in using a sterile needle and thread to stitch a wound closed, and insist on autoclaved dental tools at the dentist?

Then you believe in Western medicine.

NO. That’s not necessary. I don’t get sick from getting germs or eating rotten food. My immune system is too strong from years of practice. Getting illness is good for your immune system and it makes your body runs more efficiently.

Yes, and the West don’t believe in that stuff. Our food here is full of poison and people don’t care. People don’t eat healthy. Western medicine doesn’t care either. If you go to hospital here in the States, you see that they serve the most unhealthy food to patients. I am a hospital chaplain so I know this.

[quote]
Do you believe in using a sterile needle and thread to stitch a wound closed, and insist on autoclaved dental tools at the dentist?[/quote]

No. see #1

A friend of mine and my father-in-law felt the same. Both were diagnosed with cancer and went the ‘Traditional Chinese medicine’ way.

When they finally decided to go to hospital doctors said ‘there is nothing we can do because you waited too long’. :frowning:

Just saying.[/quote]

That’s because either the doctor is shitty or the patient didn’t cooperate. Under the system of oriental medicine, the patient is responsible for one’s own health rather than the doctor. That’s different from the West where people can have the most unhealth lifestyle ever and expect the doctor to fix everything

:laughing: Or is this for real?

One of the reasons I liked practising Chinese medicine in China was because I didn’t need to leave the clinic to have a cigarette. Obviously the reason I smoke is to highlight my incredibly strong lung qi developed by mastering the ancient secrets of lung qi gong.

PM me and I’ll sell you a video, I’ll also include some pins and a map so you can do your own accupuncture.

HG.

Just saying.[/quote]

That’s because either the doctor is shitty or the patient didn’t cooperate. Under the system of oriental medicine, the patient is responsible for one’s own health rather than the doctor. That’s different from the West where people can have the most unhealth lifestyle ever and expect the doctor to fix everything[/quote]

Damn! It’s either … or … Just like that! Really on top of your game, aren’t you? I see a prosperous future for you in my Chinese Oolong teacup. Big bucks are awaiting.

Just saying.[/quote]

That’s because either the doctor is shitty or the patient didn’t cooperate. Under the system of oriental medicine, the patient is responsible for one’s own health rather than the doctor. That’s different from the West where people can have the most unhealth lifestyle ever and expect the doctor to fix everything[/quote]

Damn! It’s either … or … Just like that! Really on top of your game, aren’t you? I see a prosperous future for you in my Chinese Oolong teacup. Big bucks are awaiting.[/quote]

Hey, I think it’s great that he’s got, you know, something to, uh, fall back on…if the whole, you know, clergy thing doesn’t work out…

Sorry guys. I apologize for the emotional outburst. Peace out.

I only saw this thread today, sorry the response is so late.

I went to a TCM doctor on Jianguo 4th road and Wufu 4th road in Kaohsiung for a year. He was reversing my hair loss problem that I had, but he wasnt able to get my skin under control, so it was with mixed success. However he said he knew I was eating poorly and I was probably the bringer of my own problems (as the medicine can only do so much when you ignore his advice)