Need a specialist!

Is there an organization which offers help in locating a specialist or hospital. We need a urologist but can’t seem to find one. Well that is a lie as we did find one who had a private clinic and would charge us 70,000 for the use of his services. We are just poor folks living abroad and are not able to pay so much cash. Any help would be great. I wish there was a referal network or something…

anyone else had to seek out some special help and found what they were looking for.


I don’t have anyone I can recommend but I suggest calling the Community Services Center at 2836-8134 (it’s a support center for foreigners living in Taipei) and see if they know someone who has had some experience with a urologist here.

You can also visit their website at

That is just what I was looking for. I will phone them for sure. If they can’t help me they likely can point me in the right direction.