Need advice ASAP on whether to get a visitor's visa or not

[quote=“Confuzius”][quote=“Multiracial Man”]I’m from the US and I’m looking to get a job in Taiwan. I just booked a 1 way flight there with the intention of doing visa runs until I am employed but I’m trying to figure out if it would just be better to apply for a visitor’s visa before hand. I wouldn’t have a problem doing this but it seems like the visa office will only accept a round trip itinerary (U.S. to Taiwan), thus causing me to spend a lot more money on a ticket back here (which I can cancel for a small penalty perhaps) as opposed to just doing cheap visa runs every 30 days. If my impression is incorrect and I just have to provide an itinerary that shows that I am leaving Taiwan to go somewhere else, please let me know.

Has anyone transitioned their visa exempt entry into a work permit/ARC directly? Or is it always the case that you have to apply for a visitor’s visa (in Taiwan or abroad)? I’m trying to resolve this situation in the next week so I appreciate your comments and advice! Has anyone had the experience of canceling a return ticket and getting a 100% refund? If so, what airline did you choose?[/quote]

this is covered a million times in the forums, search is your friend!

i just advised someone on this last week

USE SEARCH[/quote]

is this what you’re referring to?