Need date ideas for a woman with no legs

Well, not exactly. My girlfriend has standing doctors orders to stand as little as possible. Where can I take a woman with no legs? What could we do?

She and I are hiking exploring types, and finding things to do legless is a real head scratcher. We go swimming, are learning to draw, and have watched far too many episodes of “Family Guy” for our own good.

We have a car, and occasional short walks are no problem. She is completely turned off by video games. She refuses to be carried, although I certainly could and she might be persuaded if it were for a cool enough reason.

So: Suggestions? Please? We’re suffering without common ground to walk on.

Why does she have to stand as little as possible? I ask because there may be other things that she’s supposed to avoid.

HG

Go to your local library and volunteer to read English stories to kids.

Drive to a nearby aboriginal village and do some simple English games for the local kids. They don’t often see foreigners and don’t get much in the way of any special attention either. Word quickly spreads through the community and many show up.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. Hopefully this is temporary only (?)

As for the swimming pool, I don’t know why you couldn’t still do that. You can get leg floats if you don’t want the legs to be used at all. I would imagine your girlfriend would be keen to keep up her fitness after all (you would need to stay with her at all times, as when she gets tired her head will sink, rather than her legs).

Oh wait… I misunderstood. You ARE taking her swimming. Stupid me.

I’m currently getting legless (doing a dry run testing of the typhoon supplies, only it ain’t very dry). When I’ve fully reached that state, I will probably be able to think of something.

If the woman can’t stand, why not get her horizontal. And, you know, … play “the naughty shepherd” with her.

Bummer.

Ok, if she’s not averse to the idea, they provide free wheelchairs at some museums like the NPM(I recommend the English tours at 10 am and 3 pm), and theHistory Museum.

a mystery wrapped in an engima wrote: [quote]Drive to a nearby aboriginal village and do some simple English games for the local kids.[/quote]

How about Taike villages - not exotic enough for you?

And anyway, it’s best for whitemen to stay away from abo villages - they have no immunity for the whiteman’s diseases. One sneeze and you could wipe out a whole tribe.

and that hill costs more than two blankets and an axe, n’est-ce pas?

TTIWWP…!

How about getting a tandem bicycle? If necessary, I’m sure it could be adapted to your needs.

Obviously you’d be doing the pedalling.

Some people, when told to stay off their feet, need to do so to avoid putting weight on them, while others need to keep them elevated. It might help if we better understood the condition involved. But the tandem bike does sound good.

How 'bout go-kart racing?

Pottery throwing at Yingge?

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

Pottery throwing at Yingge?[/quote]

You don’t need to go to Yingge to see pots being thrown. Just come to my house around the end of the month and see my missus in action…

Anyway… I’d say art galleries would be a good bet and the cinema. The Spot over near Zhongshan MRT is a good place to go

How about Taike villages - not exotic enough for you?

And anyway, it’s best for whitemen to stay away from abo villages - they have no immunity for the whiteman’s diseases. One sneeze and you could wipe out a whole tribe.[/quote]

Almas - no offense is even suggested and I appreciate your opinion, although I disagree;
I don’t want to get off topic here but I also don’t want others who may desire to participate in the education of these kids. I have been doing this for several years and it’s not like I am travelling to a remote Amazon village. These kids have regualr contact with the more populated areas for shopping, visiting family, etc. Many of the fathers work in the city and regulary make the commute. They simply don’t have the buying power to afford English classes and few schools provide it as part of the public education. You know this is a small island with many intercommunications among families and friends. The aboriginal people do not live in isolation. They simply have fewer opportunities to communicate in English.
I like to help them out and I hope others will do the same. The only people who have ever gotten sick from a visit from me or my friends is ME! Too much wild boar meat and fern greens. It was a two day intestinal thing that I soon forgot and still enjoy seeing my friends in the mountains. If anyone gets an urge to try this, PM me and I will tell you of a few places that really are fun to visit and they, as well as you, will enjoy your visit.

BTW; Taike is simply a term for “home boys” in it’s simplest translation. That is, a Taiwan identity. The problem with this is that it doesn’t get you out of the mainstream. If you want the Taike experience, choose my second suggestion and go to your local library.

So, the condition is a ligament issue, causing swelling on the bottom of the foot. She needs to keep it elevated when possible, but not the majority of the time. It is not permanent, but if ignored could get that way. This is the second time around; she was almost better and then we went drinking and dancing and drinking in the mud bath that was this years PeaceFest…

The biggest issue is that both she and I are impulsive, active people. The house starts feeling like a prison very quickly. Also, we share very few indoor interests. I don’t watch TV, she does, I live on the internet, she could care less, and so on. The danger here is that we’ll frack up again like we did with Peacefest, and end up, at best, extending our misery.
The ideas so far are great. Going to an aboriginal village to play with the kids is awesome. Movies are wearing thin, but we did sift through IMDB’s to 250, which should keep us going. The tandem bike idea could work, but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t keep her from pedaling… I brought up wheelchairs, and she’s down with that. Go carts could be cool too. I wonder, if we played the cripple card, if we could do the museum in a go cart…

And yes, the most obvious of horizontal diversions did occur to us, and we did it to excess. But then the sidewalk chalk ran out.

I guess, if I could restate my question:

What is your favorite activity that does not involve your legs?
What cool places do you go to, and then not run around?

hot tubbing
tea houses
art classes – painting, calligraphy
language classes
concerts
canoing, kayaking
camping
shooting range
RC models (you can race boats, planes etc.)

Rig a board with 4 wheels and handles, put skateboarder protection on her, then pull it around with a rope (with yourself on skates or a bike)

Hooky-bobbing.

I’m not sure you can do that in Taiwan, as there is no snow, but a similar experience can be had with a sturdy metal satellite dish or skateboard. As with all dangerous activities, goggles (bigger is better) are a must.

Yes, Hot springs will work. I went to a place nearby which had little fish nibbling at your feet. There are 2 hot springs with tubs etc in the mountains behind Taoyuan, and 6 in those behind Xinzhu.

All good fun for NT$250-300 a head.

Don’t feel sorry for him folks; for people like irishstu, every day is filled with awe and wonder. Bless him.

trep, you got me stumped too. Sex?

Or she could put it on herself, seeing as how she’s an adult and all.[/code]

OK, a couple more suggestions, not involving feet.

Canoeing/Kayaking.
Boat trips.