Need for foster homes in Kaohsiung area(Adopt Elliot!)

:notworthy: Soooo AWESOME!!! :slight_smile:
Love to see the little buggers finding homes. My place has too many ā€œguardsā€ on duty at all timesā€¦The Goon Squadā€¦meh loveā€™em.

Do you know anything about the Trap Neuter and Release program?

What a difference between the time you found her and now. She looks so happy. And beautiful
Great pictures.
and :bravo:

[quote=ā€œSoulDragoNā€]
Do you know anything about the Trap Neuter and Release program?[/quote]Itā€™s called CNR. As in catch, neuter and release.

Hereā€™s a good way to put it by Sray Dog. [quote=ā€œStray Dogā€][url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/animalstaiwan-in-taoyuan/23619/5 would just like to add my opinion on the best way to help. If you imagine the stray problem as being like a leaky pipe, it makes sense to build a shelter to act as a bucket to help contain some of the flow.

However, once that bucket is full, which it would be very quickly, there will start to be an overflow, and we find ourselves in exactly the same position, but with all our resources tied up in maintaining the bucket of water. It can also be very depressing for an animal lover to have to one day make a mortal decision on the animals within his or her care as the bucket begins to fill up.

It was stongly suggested to me at the Asia for Animals conference this summer that my resources be instead used to find a way to stem the flow, rather than catching some of it. And I now have to agree.

It makes far more sense to use the land as a holding centre for strays as part of a CNR project, whereby the animals are caught, treated, vaccinated, neutered, and returned to where they were found.[/quote][/url]

Cheers!

bobepine

Those are great pics! She looks very happy. :slight_smile:

Well done ! Fantastic ! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

It makes it all worth while when you see stories like these. I can get a little down hearted sometimes, but then stories like these come along and i brighten up and buckle down to help out.

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date with things, i just love checking out the photos. Iā€™m a computer idiot so i canā€™t post photoā€™s of my loveable 5.