Need help! Master's Scholarships (IMBA - Besides MOE's)

Just found out yesterday that I will not be awarded the MOE’s Taiwan scholarship… But I definitely want to stay in Taiwan. Does anyone know of other scholarships, besides those offered by the Taiwan MOE? I will be getting my IMBA at NCCU starting in September. I’m hoping to work in travel and technology field after school.

Thanks!

For IMBA, there used to be Fubon and TSMC assistance. You gotta check with OIP -Office of International Programs- and see what is available.

There are three kinds of scholarships available for graduate studies: the Taiwan scholarship, the ICDF one and the MOE’s. So, which one was denied in your case? Go for the other ones, quickly.

Either that or start looking for a job pronto. Study at night and weekends, get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the fast response! I’m checking with the Office of International programs at NCCU. I did find Fubon application forms online but it appears that scholarship is only available for NTU or SCU Master’s students?? Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m eligible for the TSMC and ICDF scholarships you mentioned.

Since I’m from the states, the scholarships available seem to be limited. The scholarship I applied for was the MOE’s 2010 Taiwan Scholarship, the 2 year master’s one. I’m not sure how many they are offering this year, but I noticed last year there were just 4 recipients from my TECO in the states.

Thanks for your help! If you or anyone can think of any other scholarships, please let me know! I’m desperate… and it seems to be deadline time.

Just go find work.

Ask for assistant positions within the school. :wink:

I am a local student also going to enroll this fall, too.
MOE’s grant could pay your daily bill all right.
If you need to pay for the tuition, you could apply for loan.
Also, another scholarship info is Fulbright awarded to U.S. citizens.
You can check below.Please feel free to ask me if you have further questions.
fulbright.org.tw/dispPageBox … =FOSEENGHP

[quote=“glorianantou”]I am a [color=#FF0000]local student[/color] also going to enroll this fall, too.
MOE’s grant could pay your daily bill all right.
If you need to pay for the tuition, you could apply for loan.
Also, another scholarship info is Fulbright awarded to U.S. citizens.
You can check below.Please feel free to ask me if you have further questions.
fulbright.org.tw/dispPageBox … =FOSEENGHP[/quote]
So you’re Taiwanese, right? What assistance or scholarships for graduate studies do Taiwanese citizens or Taiwanese nationals qualify for?

Taiwanese students might seem to have a lot of scholarship options including tuition waver depending on each program, outstanding academic award, and many memorial awards , but in term of amount, foreign students have better grants.