Need help now -- about to be fired

ok, so here’s the deal. I have been unhappy with my job for sometime. So my foreigner superviser asked me about it and we discussed the situation. She said she would talk to my boss about letting me out of my contract early and I agreed to stay until a replacement was found. A replacement was found and today I came in and talked to my boss. It started out ok and then she told me she was withholding 20k in pay from me because I was breaking contract. I told her this was not in the contract and thus not legal. For daring to argue with her she told me I was fired and that I had to leave today. She told me that I had until 6pm to back my bags and get out of the dorm where I live.

Is this legal to kick me out of the place I live without any notice at all? It may belong to the school but I have been paying rent here. She is acting seriously crazy and even yelled “F#$# YOU DON’T TRY ME I WILL CALL MY LAWYER” when I told her it was unprofessional for me to leave before tommorrow.

Can she do this? What are my options? I don’t exactly have anywhere to go.

You’re paying rent. Generally that means you or the landlord must give two weeks notice. As for the NT$20k, take it to the CLA. They’re used to dealing with slimebags like this.

Of course it all depends on if he has an ARC or not.

I do have an ARC. I am a legal worker. I have been incredibly nice in my dealings with my boss. She is quite lucky I didn’t walk out when she let herself into my APT without knocking to yell at me for taking a sick day (2 months ago).

btw - she can’t get me blacklisted can she? After all, she fired me and I was more than cooperative in staying until a replacement was found.

It is instances like this that give buxibans a bad name!

Sandman’s advice is good. Very good.

Here’s some more good. Very good advice. Have a look for a poster named Brian and his website, www.buxiban.com. He has all the ins and outs of dealing with errant schools and bosses. Remember, you have rights, and the CLA observes those rights.

thanks guys. I have most everything packed and I can stay at my gf’s or a friend in Taipei. I don’t want to deal with this woman anymore, she is quite insane (literally).

Are you going to get the 20K back from her?

When she fired me she said “FINE, YOU WANT YOUR MONEY - YOU ARE FIRED”. As soon as I leave, I get my money - hypothetically. If not, she’ll be hearing from the CLA.

When she fired me she said “FINE, YOU WANT YOUR MONEY - YOU ARE FIRED”. As soon as I leave, I get my money - hypothetically. If not, she’ll be hearing from the CLA.[/quote]

Cerberus, in this link [Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … highlight=](Maybe a little help from the media?

The op is a reporter for a TV station. Good revenge for the bitch is to plaster her face on the news.
Good luck

[quote=“Cerberus”]btw - she can’t get me blacklisted can she? After all, she fired me and I was more than cooperative in staying until a replacement was found.

It is instances like this that give buxibans a bad name![/quote]

According to the CLA last time I asked them (6 Months ago) she can not blacklist you. The only way you can be blacklisted is if you don’t turn up and have no contact with them for 72 hours.

So even if you walked in there and said “screw you I hate this job” and walked out you could still get another job and another ARC.