Need help! Wallet with ARC lost/stolen

I somehow lost or had my wallet stolen from me on a train last night. Unfortunately, my wallet had my ARC, Bank card, Drivers license, etc in it. What do I do?

:frowning::(:(:frowning:

cancel bank card. go to the office where you got your ARC and tell them (monday?), probably closed today, but find out for sure.

i would imagine that a driver’s license shouldn’t be that hard to get another copy of … doesn’t seem to function as an ID card as it does in the west.

do you have copies of any of these things? and other ID to prove who you are?

Must be the season for it. I lost my wallet this morning with similar things (credit card, ATM card ARC which expires soon, recently renewed student ID and a little money) inside.

The school I work for luckily keeps a copy of my ARC which I guess I’m going to need to take the Foreign Affairs police on Monday.

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]Must be the season for it. I lost my wallet this morning with similar things (credit card, ATM card ARC which expires soon, recently renewed student ID and a little money) inside.

The school I work for luckily keeps a copy of my ARC which I guess I’m going to need to take the Foreign Affairs police on Monday.[/quote]

Where is the foreign affairs police office located? I imagine my school has a copy of my ARC, if not, I still have my passport.

This sucks, thinking back, I am fairly certain I got pickpocketed :frowning: :fume:

The police department you have to visit (for Taibei City) is at 96 Yanping S. Rd. The building has another entrance on the other side (on Zhonghua Road) that takes you directly into the place where you get ARCs etc. Nearest MRT (subway) stop - Ximen, exit 5.

Taibei City Police HQ

Contrary to popular belief, this is not the Foreign Affairs Police. The FAP deals with crimes or incidents involving foreigners (as perpetrators of victime) and it is located at 33 , Secton 2, Chengde Rd., 24-hour phone service 2556-6007 or 2555-4275. There are FAP units in other districts of the city, also. The national Foreign Affairs Police office is on Zhongxiao East Road Section 1 close to the Administrative Yuan - but, repeat, these FAP offices are not the place to go for your ARC, visa extensions etc.

Search keywords: Taipei Foreign Affairs Police Station

Juba’s right about the FAP. You have to go to the police station that issued your ARC. I had to go to the Taichung County police headquarters in Fengyuan and will issue a replacement ARC for the cost of 500NT which I pick up next week.

What did you need to bring with you? Just copies of my ARC/Passport? One of my mates tells me someone from the school needs to go with me.

You’ll need your passport and a copy of your ARC and a passport size photo of yourself. I went on my own but it would have been nice to have someone along with better Chinese reading ability however the police staff member I got was helpful.