Is there anybody out there who could help me to install Mcafee antivirus software. I tried to do it myself (I’m a technophobe) but couldn’t complete thew process. I had to remove the existing antivirus software and turn off the firewall, but still I had no success. All that appeared on the screen was a tiny block with an x in it. Please help!
- What operating system are you using? Win 98, Win XP, Win 2000, Linux, etc.?
- Is the software compatible with your operating system? Are all the system requirements (necessary RAM, available hard drive space, CPU speed) satisfied?
- When you installed the software did installation dialogue indicate the installation was successful? If you don’t know then uninstall, reboot, reinstall.
- Did the installation dialogue prompt you to restart your computer? If so, did you?
- Can you post a screenshot of the tiny-block-with-x-in-it?
Thanks NeonNoodle. Somehow I hit the ight buttons. I might need your assistance in future though.