Need help with moving within Taipei

I’ve just been living in Taipei (Zhonghe district) for about 2 months, but am going to be moving to the city center next week, very close to SOGO. I was wondering if people know of any good options for moving my things over to my new apartment. I have no friends in the city who has a car that could help me, so I’m trying to figure it out on my own. I was told that I could get a taxi van for $3000 nt to help me move my things, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I was thinking about Uber, but not sure if they provide this kind of service. What I have is mostly just my clothes and a few boxes, probably a bit too much to fit into one carload.
I would be happy to hear anyone’s suggestions! Or, if you feel like helping a guy out, and making a bit of money too, we could discuss it.
Thanks!!

[quote=“rob1504”]I’ve just been living in Taipei (Zhonghe district) for about 2 months, but am going to be moving to the city center next week, very close to SOGO. I was wondering if people know of any good options for moving my things over to my new apartment. I have no friends in the city who has a car that could help me, so I’m trying to figure it out on my own. I was told that I could get a taxi van for $3000 nt to help me move my things, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I was thinking about Uber, but not sure if they provide this kind of service. What I have is mostly just my clothes and a few boxes, probably a bit too much to fit into one carload.
I would be happy to hear anyone’s suggestions! Or, if you feel like helping a guy out, and making a bit of money too, we could discuss it.
Thanks!![/quote]

Find a “Blue Truck Guy” for hire. They’ll help you load and unload your stuff on the truck (but usually not to carry it up and down stairs) for less than 1000NTD per trip (and even a small blue truck carries A LOT of stuff).
If you have your own local licence AND can drive stick, you can just rent the truck yourself, as I have done in three separate occasions, for a few hundred NTD (for an afternoon or so).

If your things are few -say, a pieces of luggage and a couple of boxes and a fan maybe- that you can fit in a taxi, Taiwan Taxi offers the moving service. 55688 if you speak Chinese. It is a reliable and responsible cab company. They can arrange if one or more trips or find a bigger car -they usually drive a station wagon thing, but have vans and larger vehicles in the fleet.

If many as to require a truck, then a recommended moving service a la Steven the Mover is ideal. Ad and number here on this website.

well when are you going to move out? if date is suits me i can help you…

There’s also the bus if you’re willing to make multiple trips. Most buses have a rack in the front of the bus to put some stuff on.

Find a “Blue Truck Guy” for hire. They’ll help you load and unload your stuff on the truck (but usually not to carry it up and down stairs) for less than 1000NTD per trip (and even a small blue truck carries A LOT of stuff).
.[/quote]

Renting one of those blue trucks with a driver I think would be my best option. Do you have any companies that you can recommend? I really have no idea myself how to look for these guys.