Need help with translation please

Please, would anyone help me with what this is saying?

Thanks… Jim

I think it says “Don’t waste yesterday. Fried chicken happy.” But the characters are written in a font that is difficult to read, so I might be wrong.

Is this some antique silverware.? Looks like some kind of hallmark, not Chinese characters.

1 Like

Found this:

Is this a gun of some kind?

2 Likes

1 Like

Should be easy to find for you, the Master Milker of the Picture Quiz!

1 Like

It was…see above. :slightly_smiling_face:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Here are some more, but I don’t know if they correctly correspond to any of the ones in the images that @JimH8189 posted:

2 Likes

Maybe @JimH8189 can share more info about the item?

2 Likes

Hi all, thanks so much for helping. Apologies, I posted the wrong pic which are the Proof marks. I’m really looking to have the second pic deciphered which is supposed to be a Lions Head in a circle. This was the Taiwanese police mark back in the 40s, the three characters following it should be a 3 digit number. This is from a 1917 Artillery luger that I think was sold to the Taiwanese police around 1938 or 39. I’ll post the correct pic for further translation. Thanks guys, ur awesome

…Jim

1 Like

This should be the correct pic

Thanks again

Without any more information it may be difficult. My best guess is it’s a South or Southeast Asian script of some kind.

2 Likes

Looks like Thai to me.

2 Likes

Yup, my understanding is that it’s Thai

2 Likes

It could say G.T. 50712

2 Likes

The pic at the top with the Lions head in a circle should represent an inventory number and the most recent pic should be a group or station number where the weapon was assigned

506?

Thanks guys for the help. I was afraid this Luger might’ave been a fake, but with this additional info, it’s looking like it actually might be an original from the Thai contact from back in 38/39. You guys are awesome. Thanks again

… Jim

1 Like

Japan invaded Thailand in 1941. What happened in 1938/39?