Need info on capturing traffic violations and earning money

I am going to buy a helmet camera soon and I’ve heard that you can send in a video/pics of people violating traffic laws and if they pay their fine, then you get a percentage of that money.

Is this true?

Can someone fill me in on the details (i.e. Video or pictures are acceptable? What kind of violations can I submit? Where do you send in the vid/pics?)?

Thanks in advance.

if you film me, I will kick you helmet camera! I like my red light right turns and sometimes passing by red on an empty road… !

No idea, but sounds like an interesting (and dangerous) concept. Don’t forget to post in the “how I got rich” thread next year!

If this is true, I’m amazed the cops don’t do it while standing there with their mouths hanging open at junctions. Camera on hat, turn in the SD card at the end of the shift, $1million a month in commissions, at least.

I’ve heard of this as well. The hot one at the moment is catching people littering, but this is difficult as you need to know when they are going to do it.

But seriously if you do this as a foreigner, the next thing you do is posting in the “beaten up for…” thread

What about taking pictures of people running red lights? I’ve got a real honey pot where I could make this into a full time job. I’ve seen city buses cruising through this intersection well after the light changed.

How about not filming traffic lights but filming stupid slow driving on the left lane on the freeway or children behind the wheel or something like that?

The possibilities are endless - that’s the point. You can start filming in any random direction and you’ll catch at least one violation every couple of minutes. You might also accidentally catch a baseball bat with your head, too, unfortunately.

Helmetless kids alone would earn you your “fuck you money”*. I am all over this one.

*James Clavell, Noble House.

I’m in lets make crazy money kids!!!

[quote=“Toe Save”]Helmetless kids alone would earn you your “fuck you money”*. I am all over this one.

*James Clavell, Noble House.[/quote]

Interesting, I had this associated in my mind with Neil Stephenson. I read all of James Clavell much longer ago and that does ring a bell. Stephenson probably swiped it off him :slight_smile: or maybe I was totally mistaken.

I’ve heard you can make money from capturing littering, heavy exhaust emissions from scooters, and maybe helmet-less drivers and some traffic violations, but this is all second hand info. I’m not sure about all traffic violations.

Does anyone know the details???

Don’t worry about me. The helmet cam I am going to use is placed inside the helmet and very inconspicuous.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Toe Save”]Helmetless kids alone would earn you your “fuck you money”*. I am all over this one.

*James Clavell, Noble House.[/quote]

Interesting, I had this associated in my mind with Neil Stephenson. I read all of James Clavell much longer ago and that does ring a bell. Stephenson probably swiped it off him :slight_smile: or maybe I was totally mistaken.[/quote]

Ya, they are a long ago read, so I forget her name, but the central American female character is after “it”. Her mentor coins the phrase. As an aside, would you credit Clavell with creating a lion’s share of your interest in coming to Asia?

[quote=“Toe Save”]
Ya, they are a long ago read, so I forget her name, but the central American female character is after “it”. Her mentor coins the phrase. As an aside, would you credit Clavell with creating a lion’s share of your interest in coming to Asia?[/quote]

Nope. I only picked up on Clavell here. Got a couple in second hand shops in Ding Zhou Road.

You will probably get very rich following me around :aiyo: .

Saw a police man today, taking a photo, wasn’t sure what of. Then I thought about this very topic and quickly looked around and he had taken a picture of a helmet less guy on a mobile phone. Of course this is open to speculation. If I’m right it at least means the police use it to catch traffic offenders (plenty of them). If so, the police should employ people just to go around taking pictures – the gist of the thread – it really is a winner!