Need more passport pages

My US passport is good for another 8 years or so, but i only have a few pages left… and will be leaving Taiwan for holidays during CHinese New Year. What’s the process for having more pages added? Can that be done in Taiwan? If so, how and where?

[quote=“bushibanned”]My US passport is good for another 8 years or so, but I only have a few pages left… and will be leaving Taiwan for holidays during Chinese New Year. What’s the process for having more pages added? Can that be done in Taiwan? If so, how and where?

I just went to AIT and got more pages put in. If you haven’t done it before, it shouldn’t be a problem. Shold be a fee, but I cannot recall how much.

call them.

i have the same problem sorted it out at the canadian trade office, it was cheap; don’t worry.

But I have to wonder, I have been to H.K. like 10 times and it is all on the same page, Thailand 8 or 9 also on the same page. France, germany, U.K. U.S. Canada are all still on one page collectively but every friggin time I leave or enter taiwan they take up an entire page with one little stamp.

A bit of the small man syndrome? :wink:

It’s free at AIT. To avoid this problem next time you get a passport, see if they can give you a passport with extra pages in it from the beginning. That’s what I plan on asking for.

also, you can read all about this on AIT’s website.

[quote=“scomargo”]It’s free at AIT. To avoid this problem next time you get a passport, see if they can give you a passport with extra pages in it from the beginning. That’s what I plan on asking for.

also, you can read all about this on AIT’s website.[/quote]

I got a double size in Australia.

i think your passport has instructions for that, those first few pages that no one reads…

thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

[quote=“scomargo”]It’s free at AIT. To avoid this problem next time you get a passport, see if they can give you a passport with extra pages in it from the beginning. That’s what I plan on asking for.

also, you can read all about this on AIT’s website.[/quote]

I just got a new passport this past summer and they said they automatically give the ones with extra pages.

Maybe they’re getting tired of all of us that need to go in and get more? :laughing:

I can’t believe youre going to be in SA. That’s wicked.

AIT will do it free while you wait. It doesn’t take much time at all.