Need people to talk about their problems dealing with CH Telecom/Other telecom

I see. I guess that doesn’t apply to most of us who are signing up for new accounts when we arrive, and don’t have a Taiwanese spouse. Are you sure they didn’t pull a fast one on your and write your wife in as the guarantor?

It could also be what they call a Fu Ka, which is pretty much an extra card for a family member. For us married spouses, that’s a very good way to go since you can just get an extra card of any credit card that your wife applies for.

Of course, that doesn’t help unmarried people. Even though I’m married, it would be nice if I could still be entitled to certain things even without having to rely on my wife.

It’s not a credit card, it’s a cell phone.

No, they did not write my wife in anywhere.

Debbie’s article was a good first step. There obviously needs to be more press coverage on the whole subject and hopefully Debbie will be back looking for more information.

I had a Taiwanese friend sign for me as a guarantor to get my Chunghwa Telecom land-line and ADSL about 2 1/2 years ago when I first got here. The 2-year contract is more than up, and I’d like to get the line transferred over to my name … the only problem is that she’s gone abroad to study now, so I’m wondering how I would go about doing that … I’ve always paid my bills on time, have an ARC, blah blah blah … any ideas?