Need sappy music, NOT "The Rose"

I don’t know why, but I hate that song (maybe because it sucks?), The Rose. My school intends to use it as the graduation song this year unless I can come up with another suitably sappy and “moving” song, as my manager put it.

The Rose, “moving” ? I’d say it moves me to hurl chunks.

Please help a guy out and suggest other songs they may play for grad.

Thanks.

I should add that I’ve already suggested:

The Pretenders “I"ll Stand By You” and “Angel of the Morning”

Van Morrison “Have I Told You Lately”

Fred Astaire “The Way You Look Tonight”

Roxy Music “More Than This”

Jimmy Cliff “Many Rivers to Cross”

Righteous Brothers “Unchained Melody”

Marvin Gaye “Let’s Get it On”

John Hiatt “Have A Little Faith In Me” (even though I’m not fond of it)

Stairway?

“One Moment in Time” (Whitney Houston)

The sappiest song I’ve heard in a long time is:

“If you’re not the one” by Daniel Beddington

Why pop music? How about something a little more inspiring - Pomp and Circumstance by Edward Elgar, or something like that…

Meatloaf - I would do anything for love.

CoCo Lee can be pretty cheesy.

CoCo Lee- Colors of the Wind

No brainer. School’s Out. Alice Cooper. Try to find the David Hasselhof cover.

If they’re kindy kids, then have a listen to :

The Wiggles - We’re all friends - (substitute Wiggle names for your Grads - suitable for 14 or 15 kids)

Theme friends …
___________ who’s friends with ___________, who’s friends with __________ and they all like ____________.
___________ who’s friends with ___________, who’s friends with __________ and they all like ____________.
We’re all frinds here at this kindy,
Although at times you wouldn’t think so,
But a smile or a hug,
Or a gentle - “I’m sorry”,
Makes it all OK

“Winds of Change” by the scorpions? Kinda rock anthemy. My little kids are getting “Pomp and Circumstance” and are performing another song that I wrote for thier parents.

“Everything I do” by Brian Adams?

Tough one!

smashystumped

If it’s something the kids are singing, why not do “The Greatest Love of All”? My school had a problem with music (I think it was forgotten in packing up all the other stuff for graduation) and so, under my suggestion, we played The Triumphant March from Aida. Excellent music to march in and out to. And it’s not just because Aida is my favorite opera. :wink:

Actually, the kids won’t be singing it. This is going to be played during an awards ceremony for the longest-serving (suffering?) teachers.

I like “Everything I Do” as it has a sort of ironice twist, doesn’t it? :wink:

There is no song more perfect or sappier than Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C.

Choice 2: Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Choice 3: Radiohead - Wolf at the Door (kidding)