Need teaching job in Jan

Hi Taiwan!

You guys are great, been analyzing these forums, and I’ve got a feeling I’m gonna love wonderful Taiwan and the underrated world class capital of Taipei. I’d really appreciate some veteran advice when I arrive in Taipei on Jan 10. Any help will be repaid to the extreme when I’m settled.

The basics—born in Carolina and lived all over the US, business degree from East Carolina University, taught English for 2 years in Thailand, kid classes no problem, no TEFL yet, experienced traveler, single and childless. I am polite, friendly and extremely reliable.

Tons of questions and any advice is welcomed. Should I temp. locate in central Taipei to begin my job search? I’m open to teaching anywhere on the island. I’d love an inside track to a good job. Anyone want to meet for a beer when I get there so I can pick your brain, if so leave contact info. Thanks so much.

Sincerely, jamie

[quote=“jamiejohnson”]Hi Taiwan!

You guys are great, been analyzing these forums, and I’ve got a feeling I’m gonna love wonderful Taiwan and the underrated world class capital of Taipei. I’d really appreciate some veteran advice when I arrive in Taipei on Jan 10. Any help will be repaid to the extreme when I’m settled.

The basics—born in Carolina and lived all over the US, business degree from East Carolina University, taught English for 2 years in Thailand, kid classes no problem, no TEFL yet, experienced traveler, single and childless. I am polite, friendly and extremely reliable.

Tons of questions and any advice is welcomed. Should I temp. locate in central Taipei to begin my job search? I’m open to teaching anywhere on the island. I’d love an inside track to a good job. Anyone want to meet for a beer when I get there so I can pick your brain, if so leave contact info. Thanks so much.

Sincerely, jamie[/quote]
Hi Jamie, let me know when you get here. Happy to buy you a coffee or a beer. Start in Taipei and figure out where you want to go after that. That’s my advice, anyway. Drop me a PM when you get here.

Anthony

PS Jamie’s a little androgynous. Before Almas John starts flirting with you, what’s your gender?

Hi Anthony, Thanks so much. I’ll definitely pm when I arrive. I am a male ( there goes all the help I was looking for!) jamie

If you look sheep-ish enough, you still have a shot with Almas John! :laughing:

Maoman! Stop flirting with Almas John.

Some people may disagree with this, but I think furriners tend to be Taipei mice or southern mice. I came here from Bangkok and really wanted to be in the city. I missed the noise and bustle of Bangkok when I got here.

Good luck.

But BCup liked the same safe driving skills of the general populace, and honest taxi drivers, just like in BKK. BCup, why didn’t you ever buy a scooter in the Big 'Bei?

Because I have curly hair.