Need this in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTzLmoStsU

Does this mean millions of abuelas are going to be put out of work? Damn those robots!

It is for those of us who have abuelas no mo and no matter how hard we try, we can’t get our tortillas as round and nice and fragrant as they did. :sob:

1 Like

I need her in my life. At least for a while.

would literally buy…if it wasn’t for those capsule things. who needs the hassle of buying those and putting them in each time you want to make one tortilla… not to mention they would be hard to come by here.

To make a tortilla anyway you need to divide the masa per “serving”.

This would be even cooler if it was like a noodle machine or a cookie press, where you put the masa and out pour several portions at a time.

Any scientists/technicians interested in developing a Tortilla Press for the 21st Century? iTortilla?

this basically seems like a design flaw (or a way to squeeze more money out of people) that you can’t just measure out and put the ingredients in it yourself.
if someone can rip this off but take away that capsule nonsense then they would be on to something amazing.

Similar to coffee maker nescafe dolce gusto …

No I don’t need this, I need someone to cook dinner for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What a scam.
Aside from the environmental nightmare, aside from the fact that in 2 years when the company goes TU and there are no more pod dealies it’s unusable, one assumes it has to be cleaned somehow, the chirpy little señorita never goes into that, does she?

I can’t think of anything easier to whip up than a batch (any size) of tortilla dough.
Friggin just go down to Trinity and pick up one of their friggin chapati presses, easy peasy lemon squeezy, win a date with Patrick Sweezy.

Aye caramba.

Someone here has not bench pressed 20 tortillas… or 200. I got a wood tortilla press, to make it worse. A professional metal one is too heavy to bring over.

Cleaning appliances is my specialty. Problem is putting them back together.

As I said, the concept is good. Let’s twinkle the machinery and see. But boy, imaine fresh tortillas coming right up at teh press of a button…mouth-watering.

And all tha trouble because you guys didn’t get right what “tortilla” means. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, you guys are outnumbered…300,000,000 Mexicans and Central Americans can’t be wrong. Not to mention USAers…

You choose what you want to have when ordering tortilla. A juicy, delicious and simple yet classy omelette, or corn concrete rubber cookies? I know what I prefer.

:smile:

It reminds me of the dehydrated pizza in Back To The Future 2. It’s messing with nature, I tell you, and no good can come of that. :grandpa:

That definitely is a problem. It’s the main reason I don’t have one. OTOH, presumably that big box is twice as heavy.

i took my cast iron tortilla press back with me last time i went home. it got checked in security and i had to explain what it was. lots of lame jokes from the staff came after…

As has been mentioned repeatedly, you can pick up a good solid one at Trinity.

I went to Trinity a couple of weeks ago and never noticed. I’ll ask next time.

That one lady that used to Mod, @NonTocareLeTete, she got one there, she loved it.
They got like 3 outlets now, so they could check around for you if need be.

Still the best deal around

They’ll even deliver if you get enough.

Seems like the one for making rotis, which I’m not sure has ever shipped.