Need to stop riding in the mountain by night

Despite being so tired (really!), yesterday night I decided to have a ride to Jinshan by YangMingShan. The weather was OK but there was fog and the flor was wet. YMS is raced by night by many people; both bikes and cars appear from behind curves going fast as fuck and I have seen several accidents there, as well as many close calls.

When i was in Jinshan I was considering to go back by the coast, more boring but safer… but nah, I finally took the same way back. I had messaged a friend before “I should return by the coast, I don’t want an idiot to head on crash me”, but still I went by YMS… only to see another idiot crashed:

Dead? Or seriously hurt? Or ok.

Thats a road i used to drive near daily. DAy and Night.

Its not for those who are not up to spec as drivers.

He had some scratches on his left arm, and a bit of blood somewhere, but he was quite OK. I hope people here start to perceive the danger of riding/driving like an asshole… but that’s to hope too much.

Relatively new luxgen 5 too. I wonder if insurance covers reckless driving.

Why do you call this reckless driving?
I don’t see anyone driving. All I can see is a flipped car and a reckless roadside design. There is a white line indicating where the rode ends and an inch after that starts a steep trench.
They have this type of design along the bicycle path in the riverside park, too.

OOPS! Haha should have watched out! :smiley:

I didn’t see how it happened and it’s not totally fair to make assumptions, but I have seen people racing this road so many times and I doubt that yesterday night was the first time this guy took this road, so most likely he knew that there’s a big gap on the side. My best guess is that he was another of the idiots racing, but then I didn’t see any other car with friends stopping for helping, and normally idiots racing cars go in groups of up to 3 or even 4 cars.

We can safely judge the driver to be an idiot by the very fact he bought a Luxgen.

xD

Actually, it’s a pity the cars are so safe. They’re messing with natural selection. An arsehole driver like that one should have died in the accident and made the world a favour. Instead, he lives another day to trample innocent people with his car.

I think I saw this mentioned on the news yesterday. If it’s the same story, then the guy swerved to avoid an oncoming car that was on the wrong side of the lane.

xD

It could be true, but I find it hard to believe. Why? because there was no reason for having anybody in his lane. Why? because that part of the road was long enough for staying in your own lane even if you failed to take the previous curve. But the part of the road where he crashed was closer to the curve he just took, so I would think that he was the one in the wrong lane, but I didn’t see it happening so I can not be 100% sure.

What exactly the news say about location/car/driver/etc?

xD

It could be true, but I find it hard to believe. Why? because there was no reason for having anybody in his lane. Why? because that part of the road was long enough for staying in your own lane even if you failed to take the previous curve. But the part of the road where he crashed was closer to the curve he just took, so I would think that he was the one in the wrong lane, but I didn’t see it happening so I can not be 100% sure.

What exactly the news say about location/car/driver/etc?[/quote]

Apparently the other car was going around a curve at high speeds.

I guess the driver was spooked seeing a raccoon standing in the middle of the road pointing a rifle at him.

[quote=“Gryphon”]

I guess the driver was spooked seeing a raccoon standing in the middle of the road pointing a rifle at him.[/quote]

Uhmmm… it could be, for some reason I don’t see how that could have happened. As I said, the next curve was “far”, and if the previous curve was the one where they run into each other, then the car wouldn’t be upside down, I think. How he could end up upside down just for falling into the gap?

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Gryphon”]

I guess the driver was spooked seeing a raccoon standing in the middle of the road pointing a rifle at him.[/quote]

Uhmmm… it could be, for some reason I don’t see how that could have happened. As I said, the next curve was “far”, and if the previous curve was the one where they run into each other, then the car wouldn’t be upside down, I think. How he could end up upside down just for falling into the gap?[/quote]

A hard swerve avoiding the raccoon with the gun :smiley:

When I lived in Wanli and provided I had the time, I loved to go by way of that road to TAipei. And stop by a hotspring on the way up in the hills. Its a great drive. But there are plenty of places where it can all go wrong.

I was not keen on driving it at night due to dense fog that often occurs, especially in winter.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Gryphon”]

How he could end up upside down just for falling into the gap?[/quote]

No, driving into the gap and then trying to steer out of it.

I finally got to edit and upload the video to youtube. Jump to minute 7:00 to see the car up side down in the ditch.

great driving road but dangerous. Good you stopped to help.

[quote=“jesus80”]I finally got to edit and upload the video to youtube. Jump to minute 7:00 to see the car up side down in the ditch.

[/quote]

Ahí, adelantando en doble continua, con 2 cojones! xD

Sólo cuando hay visibilidad suficiente y estoy seguro de poder hacerlo :slight_smile: