Needed:A Definitive Document Library or FAQ

I really want to thank Forumosa for almost everything I have in Taiwan from my Visa to my business license. But with the passage of time and the rapid pace of change, things are starting to get noisy. We are having to search long threads for updated information that may have changed three or four times in the life of that thread.

What I feel we need need is a PDF document that contains the latest information and procedures of popular topics. These documents can be created by moderators or be submitted by us commoners and approved for posting by the moderators.

mabagal for instance has created a great introduction to newbie cell phone users. The Kindle people are having to jump through different hoops to get their devices. New comers have to search through the whole threads to find out the latest procedure.

Possible Topics for our document library…
Mablis’s cell phone thread
Current Kindle information
Bilingual Guide to Automotive terms and how communicate with the serviceman. (All already in the forum, just scattered all over the place).
Work Permits/ARC’s
Chinese English Guide for baby needs…
How to say diaper, baby wipes, bottle…

These documents should be date stamped and open to updates periodically. Thanks.

[quote=“Taiwan_Student”]I really want to thank Forumosa for almost everything I have in Taiwan from my Visa to my business license. But with the passage of time and the rapid pace of change, things are starting to get noisy. We are having to search long threads for updated information that may have changed three or four times in the life of that thread.

What I feel we need need is a PDF document that contains the latest information and procedures of popular topics. These documents can be created by moderators or be submitted by us commoners and approved for posting by the moderators.

mabagal for instance has created a great introduction to newbie cell phone users. The Kindle people are having to jump through different hoops to get their devices. New comers have to search through the whole threads to find out the latest procedure.

Possible Topics for our document library…
Mablis’s cell phone thread
Current Kindle information
Bilingual Guide to Automotive terms and how communicate with the serviceman. (All already in the forum, just scattered all over the place).
Work Permits/ARC’s
Chinese English Guide for baby needs…
How to say diaper, baby wipes, bottle…

These documents should be date stamped and open to updates periodically. Thanks.[/quote]
Hear, hear!

I’d like to see Evernote shared notebooks for these kinds of things, too.

We’ve long wanted a wiki, but this isn’t happening for the time being. If anyone is interested in helping put together the definitive guides for Forumosa, please post here or contact me directly (gus [at] forumosa.com)