Needles and Tim Hortons

Canada is a nation of doughnut eaters and based on the newest service offered at Tim Hortons — of junkies.

cbcunlocked.com/artman/publi … _665.shtml

One Tim Hortons restaurant in Regina is giving customers an extra service when they stop in for a box of Timbits.

A box for used needles now sits quietly next to the automatic hand dryers in each washroom.

Last year, a 7-11 convenience store several blocks away installed blue lights in its customer washroom. The coloured light is meant to make it harder to see a vein, discouraging addicts from using the convenience store washroom to shoot drugs.

I’ve seen those disposal boxes - I believe the service is more for the custodians who have to handle the trash, then the junkies - they run a risk of pricking themselves with used syringes and possibly exposing themselves to AIDS, Hepatitis and other nasties when they remove the trash. The disposal boxes I’ve seen are quite secure - you can only put them in - you can’t take them out, so there’s no danger of junkies retrieving used needles to shoot up.

If it helps make the lives of the low-paid wage-earners at these places a little safer, then I’m all in favour of it.

Canada is a nation of junkies, it’s true. I do heroin every day. So does my wife. And my children. And neighbours. And my parents, and all of my relatives. And everyone I know in my town. Why?

Because we are a nation addicted to the intravenous injection of illicit drugs like heroin. All of us.

Me too.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”]Canada is a nation of junkies, it’s true. I do heroin every day. So does my wife. And my children. And neighbours. And my parents, and all of my relatives. And everyone I know in my town. Why?

Because we are a nation addicted to the intravenous injection of illicit drugs like heroin. All of us.[/quote]

Does everyone in Canada eat doughnuts? No. Do people still label Canada as a nation of “doughnut eaters”? Yes. Does everyone in Canada use heroin? No. Are current laws and attitudes too liberal? Yes. Would I like to see them changed? Yes.

About your usage :smiling_imp: That would explain your “porcelain” complexion. Tres “heroin chic.” :wink:

You think the laws are too lax in Canada? Why? I don’t understand that.

Anyway, Regina (Vagina) is the metaphorical asshole of Canada. Winnipeg (Winterpeg) is the armpit.

I sure do miss Tim Hortons though. I’d be stoned on coffee all day if there were one here. “Large double-double, please.” Doughnuts or ok. I like the Boston Creams and the Honey Cruelers. They put a mountain of cream cheese on they’re bagels. Good way to gain a couple of pounds a day. I’m from New Brunswick which has the distinction of having the most obese population in Canada which in turn has the disctinction of having the most obese population in the world.

Haven’t had Timmy’s Heroin Soup yet but I hear the Weed Cookies are intoxicating.

Everyone who frequents Tim’s bathrooms are heronin addicts, because everyone knows a bear claw just makes the heroin go so smooth.

I’m glad to hear addicts are not discriminated against in using the bathrooms in Canada.

Homer, “mmmm…bear claw and heroin.”

I’ve never been a big Timbits fan. I find them annoying. Too small or never the right flavor or something. They’re sandwiches suck. And who the hell wants soup?

Next time anyone’s back in Canada, check out all the people in line at lunch time and see how many of them are overweight and ugly. Then you’ll never go back.

That’s what the drive-thru is for.

Except to use the bathroom.

But you can’t see your veins in there.