Neighbours burning ghost money in the stairwell - WTF!

I enjoyed reading this thread so much I decided to perform a little necromancy on it.

Christ, do we need to burn ghost paper for this thread now?

A nice complex? A nice complex without smoke alarms?

It’s difficult to believe that an apartment block doesn’t have fire prevention systems.
If it doesn’t, fit some smoke alarms in the offending area. That’ll soon stop them. :popcorn:

I had it, complained, done with … some burned it on the balcony below, same effect … you probably should tell them the smoke won’t reach the heavens if burned indoors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The smoke of paper money is worse than cigarettes, it contains all kinds of crap.

You should piss on the fire to put it out. Smells great!

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”][quote]What I suggest you can do is tolerate, they probably won’t do that everyday but just on special occasions; I think it’s once or twice per year kind of thing?
Another suggestion is, why not ask your neighbor what is it about? Getting to know each other would be nice!
When in Rome, do as the Romans do! When in Chinese regions, do as the Chinese do! [/quote]

They have TWO burner bins. Not one, TWO!

And they burn money at least once a week.

Re. making friends with them - they’ve already complained to building management that I scraped my chair on the floor one early morning (7am-ish). They seem to be the type who want to bully the new neighbour into submission - no interest in making friends with them.

Next time they get a telling off from me or the bao an or building management.[/quote]

Have you considered that maybe your neighbours burning hell money once/week and their ridiculous complaints about you may be connected?

Both activities sound like they may have been devised in an attempt to force you out.

[quote]Have you considered that maybe your neighbours burning hell money once/week and their ridiculous complaints about you may be connected?

Both activities sound like they may have been devised in an attempt to force you out.[/quote]

They’ve calmed down on the ghost money burning nonsense. I think the neighbours on their floor (middle aged foreigners with an adopted Chinese teen) spoke to the building management about it.

They also haven’t complained again about me - I’m careful to keep the noise down, and generally I’m a quiet person.

We actually had a chit-chat the other day about the wife’s new car. All is peaceful.

About quiet, people complain about a once a year loud party and call the police … but funerals and temples can set off fire crackers any time day or night … maybe the first attracts spirits and ghosts, the other shoos them away … who knows.