Nepalese pub in Hsinchu

Well, I guess I’m getting old and nostalgic but I’m wondering if any others here used to hang out at this place. It was well known to foreigners in the late 90’s. The only place in Xinzhu where you could hear rock music and if you knew the owner well enough, smoke some bud.
After that, it tried to ape the then nascent Flying Pig by playing shitty dance music and fell flat on it’s face. But it was fun back in the day.

I remember Nepal quite well. What a place it was! :slight_smile:

The allys outside and around were always lined with prostitutes… ugly old ones… checking out the drunk foreigners… :astonished:

Do we know why it closed? The Nepal certainly did not have a shortage of customers. Maybe the right people did not receive their pay-offs?

Somebody just told me that The Flying Pig has closed its doors. True?

[quote=“stan”]I remember Nepal quite well. What a place it was! :slight_smile:

The allys outside and around were always lined with prostitutes… ugly old ones… checking out the drunk foreigners… :astonished:

Do we know why it closed? The Nepal certainly did not have a shortage of customers. Maybe the right people did not receive their pay-offs?

Somebody just told me that The Flying Pig has closed its doors. True?[/quote]

I think management thought they could compete with the Flying Pig on their terms, they obviously couldn’t. The place was going like gangbusters when it was a grungy rock bar, but it died when it tried to morph into a chic dance club while it was still physically a grungy bar down an alley frequented by down on their heels Taiwanese hookers.
Flying Pig closing? It won’t be missed.

Nepal pub? :s

Did they serve yak-butter tea, have a rough wood floor and an outhouse out back?