NERF Wars anyone?

I have an 8 yr old who is really into Nerf wars (google it) after attending a scouts event recently where all the kids had various Nerf guns. Great fun was had by all so if you have a 7/8/9/10 yr old who’s interested maybe we could arrange something for them? Of course the success of this really depends on finding a suitable location? Last time we were in a factory, but maybe somewhere like Huashan creative park or something similar might work? If you have any ideas then let’s talk.

Martin

[quote=“martin0691”]I have an 8 yr old who is really into Nerf wars (google it) after attending a scouts event recently where all the kids had various Nerf guns. Great fun was had by all so if you have a 7/8/9/10 yr old who’s interested maybe we could arrange something for them? Of course the success of this really depends on finding a suitable location? Last time we were in a factory, but maybe somewhere like Huashan creative park or something similar might work? If you have any ideas then let’s talk.

Martin[/quote]

May I ask how you avoided making this event insanely dangerous for kids? I mean, sure a factory or any place with an intricate environment exposes kids to bumps, falls, cuts and bruises, especially when they’re overexcited, like during a NERF war (which is awesome).

Good point. We didn’t! I asked too but all the other parents seemed to think it was ok. I just made sure my son wore glasses and told him not to point at other kids faces. I guess we just need to keep watching them.
Martin

Da’an Forest Park usually has lots of open spaces even on weekends, and grass hurts a lot less than concrete. The same goes for pretty much any riverside park in Taipei.

I’ve got a 1st grader with a Nerf repeating gun in an enhanced state of combat readiness - I’d second the forest park as fairly ideal ground for such maneuvers - think fig tree groves.

Get some!!