Netanyahu

Buh bye

Only this time, he was right. The man once crowned “king of Israel” is royalty no more.

1 Like

Please don’t get my hopes up. I think that post is prematurely optimistic. It’d be good news if he was finally gone. But let’s wait until the votes are at least finished being counted.

1 Like

Not necessarily, Israel is a parliamentary democracy. He can likely coalition with other parties to get a coveted majority. It’s premature to say he is ‘gone’ right now as of this writing.

1 Like

It was the Russi…I mean, Arabs!!

2 Likes

LOL. I guess. Who knows…but it could never be his corrupt personality. IJS

He won’t be PM of his party doesn’t get the most seats, though.

Gantz isn’t much better. He’s already facing trial in the Netherlands for war crimes during Protective Edge. He’s willing to talk to Arab parties though.

The best result s that the Joint List of Arab parties received the third most seats and will likely lead the opposition, so there would be a revival of possibilities for a two-state solution.

You don’t need to get the most seats or the most votes to win a parliamentary election. If you can convince other parties to support you (usually with concessions) then you can become PM if you can receive the confidence of the parliament. Confidence is always 50%+1

Having the most seats just gives you more choice in who to co-operate with and an easier ability to pass legislation. But if you can convince others to co-operate with you. You don’t need to be the biggest one.

1 Like

I remember in school days - and politics was not my favorite but I still remember the name of Mr. Yitzhak Rabin.

2 Likes

Do you remember Bibi helping to carry a mock coffin of his during right wing protests just before Rabin was assassinated by a right wing nut?

I remember he was assassinated and the rest of the world was shocked even me a small potato who loves to read about the world news. He won a novel peace price in year 1994 and before he was assassinated he sung “Shir La Shalom” at Peace rally .

There’d probably be two states co-existing somewhat peacefully by now if Rabin hadn’t been killed. What a waste.

2 Likes

See, Bibi, nothing to worry about from Tehran. Tel Aviv police, that’s another matter.

2 Likes

Crap.

This is why we shouldn’t count chickens before they hatch.

Oy vey :cry:

1 Like

Nailing Miliewkowsky, er, Netanyahu for corruption is like nailing Al Capone for tax evasion.

1 Like

I guess this is a practice run for the 2020 US election. LOL

Crap.
Jordan Valley annexation coming up.

Worse yet, Naftali Bennett’s racist party Yamina got seven seats.

Love it.

Anybody know what Netanyahu’s campaign slogan was? Anybody?!

Keep Israel Great

:grin: :grinning: :rofl: