Netflix is here! and it no longer sucks

I’ve seen one episode and thought it was such a try-hard.

Anyway. Netflix is really bad here, but it should be easy to find free streaming service online.

The new series of Louis Theroux docs on Netflix are great.

Also, strongly recommend the Tracy Morgan Netflix Comedy special. Hilarious

1 Like

Eva green is one of the best

A psychic, a cowboy, an explorer, and Dr. Frankenstein… hmmm…

Can’t find that.

She’s the actress in penny dreadful. Really great actress.

Anyone giving Amazon Prime a shot? Should that be it’s own thread?
I would love to see more TV shows on Netflix. Maybe if HULU gets here?

AP seems to be Bollywood centric.

I also use Google Play. Lot’s of variety.

Netflix inquiry: is there a way to find out what’s going to be disappearing, and what’s going to become available? Every month I see news articles from the USA about what’s leaving and arriving on Netflix (like this), but the American selection has little relationship to what we see in Taiwan. I don’t know what their sources are, and it’d be nice to find out - mainly so I can get around to watching things before they disappear, like the Back to the Future trilogy did.

Also:

I started a thread about out it over here …

… although it’s pretty quiet. I haven’t tried signing up, because I’ve already got a big backlog of stuff I want to watch.

New on Netflix Taiwan: Monty Python. “Life of Brian”, “Holy Grail”, and a lot of episodes from the show.

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I seriously overwatched “Holy Grail” decades ago, and I may not be ready to enjoy it again.

“Zootopia” has also shown up, as have a handful of Pixar and Marvel films.

Netflix does kind of suck at the moment.

“Billions” season 4 already has 2 episodes out, but I can’t view it in Taiwan. It is torrent-available.

Netflix rarely has things I go looking for. Maybe time to dump.

1 Like

I use the fox+ more because it has Its Always Sunny and the UFC.

As long as new seasons of Bojack Horseman are being made I’ll keep mine.

Then again, I guess one could unsubscribe 11 months out of the year and then just buy one month to binge everything they need to catch up on. :thinking:

Odd development. No longer works casting to Apple TV.

Works ok casting to other devices.

Except an older Benq android(Google) TV stick, stopped working and when updating it says that this version is too old and the update is not possible.

Benq, had one of the computers once and worked great, also old and stopped working.

A Chromecast dongle is around NT$800 and works like a breeze. Android phones automatically pick it up and works with iPhones.

“except if you have the native Netflix app installed”.

I don’t get it, so what can/can’t I do? Lol.

The native Netflix app won’t update due to too old hardware!

Netflix prices are going up. Nothing about Taiwan yet.

USA

plan old new
Basic $8 $9
Standard $11 $13
Premium $14 $16

Germany

plan old new
Basic 7,99 € 7,99 €
Standard 10,99 € 11,99 €
Premium 13,99 € 15,99 €

Funny how they have round prices in the US but not in Germany. But this practice is widely used in Germany.

I am not so convinced about Netflix anymore. Basically, I am using it for nostalgia reasons, binging on Star Trek series. But aside from that, there are no new movies nor that interesting series, IMHO.

4 Likes