Never forget... (unless you're an American)

On this day in 1605 Guy Fawkes was caught attempting to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes

Can we have a bonfire? I haven’t had a proper bonfire night in years. Apple dunking, treacle, stuffing your old clothes with newspaper to make a guy. There’s not much better.

Anyone recommend a venue and time?

[quote]Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot…[/quote]

Fawkes was listed among the top 100 Britons in 2002. Of course, these days he

Excuse me?? Even I

Remember remember the fifth of November

This is still the fourth. The timezone change might even have England on the third still.

So is the rhyme wrong, or is BFM confusing Guy Fawkes with the U.S. Declaration of Independence on July 4th? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, I’d recommend using one of those “ghost money” burners for the bonfire. Can we shuffle Stragbasher around in a pram wearing adult diapers and beg for a “penny for the dude”, and then throw him on to roast? :smiley: (That way I wouldn’t have to pay him back. :smiling_imp: )

[quote=“MaPoSquid”]Excuse me?? Even I

Remember remember the fifth of November

This is still the fourth. The timezone change might even have England on the third still.

So is the rhyme wrong, or is BFM confusing Guy Fawkes with the U.S. Declaration of Independence on July 4th? [/quote]

The plot actually began on the night of the 4th, and Guy Fawkes was arrested at around midnight. He was then taken to the kings bedchamber (ooh, er!) and questioned about his motives.

[quote=“stragbasher”]Can we have a bonfire? I haven’t had a proper bonfire night in years. Apple dunking, treacle, stuffing your old clothes with newspaper to make a guy. There’s not much better.

Anyone recommend a venue and time?[/quote]

AIT anytime? :imp:

Boo Catholics!

Tony Blair’s catholic.