New 350cc Taiwan made Motorbike

I’m meeting with the owners of the company that makes the bike tomorrow. They only have a few prototypes, but have the ability to start pumping them out once they get some interest. So I’m going to be one of the first people in the world to ride this bike…so I think that’s cool. Anyway…I’ll show you a pic of it (a pic of a pic so not too clear). They “borrowed” the styling from the Ninja 650 and Ducati…which is fine by me. I told them the name on the tank is ugly…I think they’ll lose it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A few specs:

32.5hp/8000rpm

3.3 kgm/6500rpm

weight 166kg

niceeeeeeee…yes, the name is fugly

Interesting, looks like the suspension from the kwak 650 or the Yamaha MT-03, seems to be the new budget suspension setup.
So its a twin cylinder?.
Nice discs, nice wheels… :thumbsup:

I am interested for sure, especially if theres meat on the cylinders for some re-boring and the bike price is close to 150k.

Frame looks like recycled Kawasaki ER-6N / Ninja and the motor like an old DR350 Suzuki. Judging by the power output and how close the exhaust pipes are, I’d hazard a guess that it’s a single. Is it made here or China, like CPI?

I’d be losing a whole lotta dicky plastic, and sticking a steeper head angle on it personally (unless that’s just a distorted photo).

Does the pipe dump hot gas onto the tire? that’s gonna be a boon in winter, but bad in summer. short pipe means less weight, but hot rider.

if the swingarm pivot is mounted in the engine case, a la Ducati, that’d make for a great handling bike, and if you could persuade it to be a 60 HP 500, it looks like it would be great!

good luck.

Maybe the deluxe version could be the Grand National, and it would have to be black with white socks.

If it isn’t prohibitively expensive, I’d love one. Looks great, like the style, but yeah, the name on the tank has got to go…

I don’t like the rear suspension setup and the power to weight ratio is not something that will turn heads.
Just another underpowered 4-stroke witch is less convinient than my 50cc jog and I can not take it to the highways.

The breakes look like something all the boy racers around here use on there scooter.
The name is the best thing on this bike in my opinion.
Will it be made in Taiwan or China?

[quote=“Stian”]I don’t like the rear suspension setup and the power to weight ratio is not something that will turn heads.
Just another underpowered 4-stroke witch is less convinient than my 50cc jog and I can not take it to the highways.

The breakes look like something all the boy racers around here use on there scooter.
The name is the best thing on this bike in my opinion.
Will it be made in Taiwan or China?[/quote]

In the near future yellow plate bikes will be allowed on the expressways. And red plates will be moving up to the freeways.

Is this thing going to be marketed in Taiwan or will it be mainly for export? If they sell it here who will it be aimed at? Will they be able to keep the price point low enough that people won’t automatically go for the higher specs and reliability of, say, a CB400? There are few enough people buying those things as it is, I’d have thought.

I applaud the manufacturers for bringing a 350cc motorcycle to the market. IMO, this is the perfect compromise size for city/urban/highway riding.
Having said that, IMO, this thing is an butt ugly copy of other bikes and shows little to no utility to appeal to a demographic large enough to make sales profitable. Its a ‘wanna-be’ that reminds me of the great “success” of the CPI 250 variants…(yes, thats sarcasm, I admit).
This looks like throwaway toy that will flounder as the potential demographic tires of trying to “keep up with the big boy toys” and goes over the high-side one too many times.
And then there is build quality. The recent CPI attempt at introducing yet another copy-cat motorcycle comes to mind.
A wiser move, IMO again, would have been to market a 2 cylinder 4-stroke 350 in a standard motorcycle form factor that 2 people could ride, has room for strapping bags, etc. on the back and simply provides solid transport with more power for utility as well as safety on the roads.

But hey, wtf do I know? I only been riding motorcycles since 1966. …:2cents:

Any reference for this or idea when-ish this would be? Also, yellow plate?

Sauray if I’m bein ignunt.

Sauray if I’m bein ignunt.[/quote]
Dunno about “near future.” The legislature hasn’t even put the issue of freeway riding on its agenda, as far as I know – its still strictly at the lobbying stage – and there’s such massive opposition to the idea it’ll be YEARS before anything comes to fruition.
Yellow plates on the expressways is probably a much easier one to push through.

Dunno about “near future.” The legislature hasn’t even put the issue of freeway riding on its agenda, as far as I know – its still strictly at the lobbying stage – and there’s such massive opposition to the idea it’ll be YEARS before anything comes to fruition.
Yellow plates on the expressways is probably a much easier one to push through.[/quote]

Freeway riding for red plates has already passed the first vote. I think there’s 2 more…or perhaps 3 before it then gets implemented. I was told this by the owner of a Kawasaki dealership…so no links.

And yellow plate is 251 to 550cc…I think.

Thanks for the replies you two.

What counts as a yellow plate? 251-549cc?

Yellow plates on the expressways is probably a much easier one to push through.[/quote]

Freeway riding for red plates has already passed the first vote. I think there’s 2 more…or perhaps 3 before it then gets implemented. I was told this by the owner of a Kawasaki dealership…so no links.

And yellow plate is 251 to 550cc…I think.[/quote]

AND ALL THAT ABOVE GUYS WAS THE JOKE OF THE MONTH… HAPPY FOOLS DAY !!!

[quote=“Mordeth”]
Freeway riding for red plates has already passed the first vote. I think there’s 2 more…or perhaps 3 before it then gets implemented. I was told this by the owner of a Kawasaki dealership…so no links.[/quote]
Dude, yer man’s taking shop gossip as gospel. Here’s a link to a Research, Development and Evaluation Commission survey on the issue released at the end of March. These surveys are done long before anything clears the legislature and with a whopping 80% of the public opposed, I don’t think you should hold your breath waiting for the chance to zip down the Bei-er gao. :wink:

http://www.rdec.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=4527714&ctNode=14575&mp=110

Interesting. But why did they go for a 350 motor? Surely it would have appealed to a much wider demographic in Taiwan if it’d been a 250 and thus avoided the hassle of a yellow plate? Or perhaps it’s gonna be more of an export model?

Is that the exhaust sticking out at the bottom? Cool, hate being stuck behind those bikes that have exhaust fumes blowing at you from under the seat.

I saw 2 today when i was going to my office, they had the temporal plates, the guys were riding together with full body protection (Not leather) the pipe was coming out on the side not like M13’s bike, more like a single pipe of the Z1000 or something similar… they actually looked nice… one black and one white.

I’m with TC. At 350cc, make it an upscale farmer’s bike, without the circular shift, and tune it for low end torque, esp. if it’s a single. That idea is pissin’ in the wind, I know. The target is a Ninja clone. Sort of like canned coffee. No one one dares make too different a taste.

But, to me, the real question is “who is National?”. A front for SYM, Kymco, or PGO?