New AirAsia Flight - Taipei/Clark Philippines

Via Taoyuan every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

1 Like

Is it cheap?

Can fly Tuesday for NT$2600. Later dates cheaper.

1 Like

The only issue is getting to Manila from there can cost a few thousand ntd extra . Plus if Edsa traffic is bad , the journey can take 2 hours or more . I’ve been using China airlines … certainly for the last 40 or so trips and this is certainly cheaper . Usual TPE/ MNL cost around 7 k ntd return

Private driver door to door airport to any Manila destination 2500 peso/1500NT one way. Or buses available for around 300 peso/175NT one way.

Wouldn’t recommend this unless you’re willing to spend at least a couple of hours from Clark to Manila. This is a good option for those going somewhere near Clark, like Subic, or up northern Luzon. Good option too for connecting flights.

1 Like

Yeah, checked out some examples and with fare to Manila it would only save around 1000-1500 ntd and take a fair amount longer than China airways/ mnl. Fair second choice I suppose . I tried Philippine airlines ( codeshare ) once … nightmare , although business class upgrade was a few thousand pesos only , it was the worst business class I think I’ve been in . Not really needed on such a short flight anyway . It’s funny , flown so many times with China and never once got an upgrade ( even with Gold card ) and I did this flight with EVA once …and was upgraded. Sadly EVA are always more expensive and their times are not as convenient .

I think EVA air is good enough for mid-range flying to Philippines and they also have the best time options. Most Filipinos would pick Cebupac or PAL as they’re cheap, China Airlines is consistently good but pricey.

I never tried any Air Asia flight, but heard that their Clark route was okay. Almost the same experience as Cebu Pacific. But I’d personally go for the latter because they have earlier schedules and are in NAIA 3. Unless your company pays for your pickup from Clark or you have family/friends to pick you up, it’s just not worth it if you’re bound to Manila.

Delete.

I wouldn’t really consider it for Manila. Only Clark area, Subic, and north of Clark. Plenty of other cheap options into Manila on Eva, Cebu Pacific, Philippines Air, for example.