New ARC transfer rules. Do you feel more secure now?

Two questions really. With the introduction of the new law, where you can add schools to your ARC, do you, as an English teacher, feel more secure in your life here in Taiwan or do you still feel vunerable because of tyrannical laobans (assuming you felt vunerable in the first place)?

Second question. Do we have any first hand accounts of people who have added extra schools to their ARC?

Also do we have any first hand accounts on this board of people who have added a school to their ARC and then resigned from the first school?

Thanks

Those would respond should perhaps read this:
eslcafe.com/forums/job/viewt … 986#160986

Yes definitely. That is to say, I feel more secure under the new legislation than I would under the old.

From what I can see, one of the beauties of the new legislation is that it doesn’t even appear to necessitate resignation frmo your first school.

[quote]Quote:
Also do we have any first hand accounts on this board of people who have added a school to their ARC and then resigned from the first school?
[/quote]
Not first-hand. How about second-hand? My close neighbour worked at Hess, then started work at Kojen at the same time. Both schools are listed on his ARC – I’ve seen it. He has since quit Hess and now works at Kojen and another school whose name I can’t recall. That school is also listed on his ARC. He has separate work permits for each school.
A visa run was not required.

Thanks Sandman, its not first hand, but it’ll do.

TS, I have the answer to my question and it seems you were right. :bravo:

The end.

Chuff :wink: