New arc

my friend is working in taizhong and is planning on moving to taipei in august. her ARC expires in Oct but her school said they will let her keep it until the beginning of September. cool.

since ARC’s, from my understanding, can’t be transfered from one city to another, when she gets to taipei and secures a job i am assuming she just goes through the rigamarole of getting a new ARC, right? no visa run needed? but when she applies for an ARC here in taipei, how will they process it since she already has one from taizhong?

Are you sure? Why would such a rule exist?

Are you sure? Why would such a rule exist?[/quote]I don’t think so either. I think the process will be the same as any change of job/address. Taipei County will continue to honour a ARC issued in Taipei City without having it replaced and vice versa.

It can be done. I transferred from Taipei to Taizhong back in February, and had no problems at all. Best of all, no visa run! I still have the same ARC with my Taipei address on the front - it’s just been amended on the back.
The only problem I found here is a tight job market compared to Taipei. I was lucky enough to find a part-time employer who kindly gave me a work permit. It took me 4 months to get some full-time job offers. Finally!

[quote=“bushibanned”]
since ARC’s, from my understanding, can’t be transfered from one city to another, when she gets to Taipei and secures a job I am assuming she just goes through the rigamarole of getting a new ARC, right? no visa run needed? but when she applies for an ARC here in Taipei, how will they process it since she already has one from taizhong?[/quote]

As the replies have suggested so far, this understanding is incorrect. ARC transfers are not based on geographic location. If done correctly, work ARC -> work ARC does not require a visa run.