New computer problems

have a brand new (bought in july) laptop and am already having problems… main one being when i click on an icon, it takes a very long time for it to open/load. i’ve run virus checks etc… re-installed windows. any suggestions?
:help:

Have you tried running Knoppix?

Sorry, I know, bad Squid, bad Squid.

What’s the laptop, what OS, define “long time”, do you use IE or some other browser, have you defragged your HD recently, have you made the appropriate sacrifices and incantations, …

compaq. windows xp home. have defragmented. 4-5 minutes for the icon to open/load… specifically the icon to connect to the internet. thought i could solve this problem by using the software provided by hinet. however, it took longer so i just went though my network connections.
Using IE 6.

empty all the temp folders and the cach for the ie
get rid of all useless programms that start with windows
how much ram does your mashine have?
wich programm did you want to start by doubleclick?

don’t have any useless programs… only program installed in Office Xp pro and a virus scanner. Temp files are emptied.

it’s my “connect to the internet” icon that take FOREVER to open after i double click.

200MB RAM

it is a known phenomena that newly bought computers are very soon infected by all kinds of Malware even a few minutes after they are taken out of the box and connected to the internet.

Please download any free anti-virus software, i.e. awill avast (google takes you there) and install it and make a disk scan.
Download and install adaware (lavasoftusa.com) or search&destroy and let it check your drive regularly for malware (spy programs…).

right-click on your drive and press the “cleanup” button under the round usage-display (not sure how the button is called in English, I have other Language right now), which deletes temporary data including IE cache.

EDIT: installing the personal firewall zonealarm or other and visiting www.windowsupdate.com would be helpfull too to make the system safe

done.
still have the problem. :frowning:

You may be best off formatting your HD and starting from scratch.

This time, after installing the OS, install a Firewall and AV IMMEDIATELY. Your first action on-line should be to update those three things. You should then pick up 2 or 3 Ad/Spyware programs.

Then run all the appropriate scans.

Only then should you head to any other website and start installing other programs.

thank you, everyone, for your suggestions. i have done all of this, in the same order everyone is sayng except re-formatting the hard drive. i have re-installed windows xp twice… does that not reformat my hard drive? i have no idea how to do that. i have virus stuff and spyware stuff and firewalls and all the rest… could it be a hardware problem? should i bring it into compaq since it’s still under warranty? if i do that i know it’s going to sit there for a week… and they might not consider it a problem.

If the main problem is when you connect to the internet, then perhaps you should try a few other things.

First and foremost is to cool down your modem. Try turning it off and leaving it off for a few hours. Listen to your normal phone line. Is there a high pitched whine? If so, the problems may be related to your ADSL installation.

You have a compaq, right? Try going to their website and downloading the latest drivers for everything. There could be some sort of conflict with the ethernet drivers, leading to collisions and slow connect times. Or maybe not.

And to answer your question, it should tell you if it is formatting your hard drive when you reinstall. You certainly don’t have to to reinstall.

connecting to the internet is fine… after waiting 4-5 minutes for the icon to load/open so i can actually click on the “connect” button. that’s what i’m having trouble with. i double click on my connect to the internet icon and it takes 4-5 minutes to open up for me to do anything. i have downloaded all the drivers and software updates from compaq. there is no noise when i connect to the internet. when the icon finally opens, i can connect just fine and my internet connection work well. its that bloody icon that doesn’t want to do anything when i click on it. i’ve re-done it a zillion times.

Could well be a hardware issue, either in your machine, or with your cables, ADSL modem, etc. WIndows is notoriously lousy with its Networking software. However, XP does an adequate job with the bare basics, such as getting you on-line and keeping you there. When it comes to setting up a home network, well, let’s not go there…

When you reinstall WIndows, I do not believe it formats your HD. It’s generally not a good idea to install or reinstall a Win OS on top of another. A true blue reformat is the way to go.

You’ve already spent lots of time on this issue and have received most of the decent advice someone can offer who has not seen your machine. Just take it into HP-Compaq and explain the situation to them.

One thing I do find bizarre - You said you bought a COMPAQ 6 mths ago? Since they merged with HP last year, I didn’t think Compaq computers were still being sold.

not much ram but still should work faster.
you only encounter this problem when you connect to the Internet?
if yes just set up the connection again. maybe you did not choose the proper device for the Internet connection so windows just tests all the network hardware.

Compaq will not help you, because you don’t have a hardware problem.

robi666: connecting to the internet isn’t a problem after the icon itself decides to opne. i’ve gone through that internet connection wizard at least 10 times, setting up new connections with my hinet account information… still encounter the same problem, especially after turning my computer on. if i take it off stand-by, the icon for the internet opens right away. i tried to use the software hinet provided but it still wouldn’t open after a double click…
it’s really odd… i dunno.

[quote=“bushibanned”]robi666: connecting to the internet isn’t a problem after the icon itself decides to opne. I’ve gone through that internet connection wizard at least 10 times, setting up new connections with my hinet account information… still encounter the same problem, especially after turning my computer on. if I take it off stand-by, the icon for the internet opens right away. I tried to use the software hinet provided but it still wouldn’t open after a double click…
it’s really odd… i dunno.[/quote]Does this happen only when you turn it on ? If you turn it on, have a cup of tea and come back 5 mintues later without touching it, does it work then ? Mine seems to take a few moments to work properly, even though it seems to have finished booting, if I touch it while it’s doing whatever it’s doing, it takes even longer. I never have worked out why yet.

Don’t use Hinet software. XP can be configured to connect to ADSL without it. Much less hassle.

am not using hinet software… installed it once to see if it would open faster than what i set up through network connections.

I’ve never had problems with the Hinet software. I think what it boils down to is proper computer maintenance. If you don’t treat a Windows system with a LOT of care and attention, it will stand up and bite you in the booty in no time.

big fluffy:

exactly. and that shouldn’t be the case with a new computer na?
i hate computers.
:fume:

i have so little installed too… the only things that need to load are the volume control thing, virus software and musicmatch.