New Costco Coming to Guandu, Beitou District, Taipei

Hm, just had a friend tell me the Guandu Costco is already open. He said his friends told him, so it’s not like this is first-hand info, but I guess it bears checking out.

Found this Facebook page, looks like it’s open? Or these are posted by people working there, perhaps. Bah, need to see it myself.
facebook.com/pages/Costco-% … 2794958797

[quote=“500CBFan”]Hm, just had a friend tell me the Guandu Costco is already open. He said his friends told him, so it’s not like this is first-hand info, but I guess it bears checking out.

Found this Facebook page, looks like it’s open? Or these are posted by people working there, perhaps. Bah, need to see it myself.
facebook.com/pages/Costco-% … 2794958797[/quote]
Your friend is misinformed. The building is not even finished yet.

Plus you can’t find the new location on Costco’s Taiwan web site. I’m sure it would be listed there once it’s open.

I heard from a local fellow that it is supposed to open in November. They are already selling memberships through my building complex’s community committee, so that seems quite believable, although no one would be surprised by any further delays.

The company refuses to say anything but “by the end of the year.” I’ve asked. The reason is that there are things they can’t control, like building permits, fire inspection, etc. It will be a while I think before we know for sure. They’ve been given strict orders to say nothing but 年底前.

You can also buy memberships for the Guandu Costco at the Vie Show complex (former Warner Village). They set up a table between the escalator and the Taiwan Dageda cellphone store.
Work on the complex itself is going full steam ahead, but I would say November, certainly not September. It’s located right by the side of the MRT track - which is why I know this, you can see it from the trains - close to the Koo cancer hospital, sort of between the Zhongyi and Guandu MRT stations, but I don’t know which station will be more convenient.

The news now says it’s set to open November 15. nownews.com/n/2015/08/17/1785078

:banana:
:taz:
:bouncy:
:yay:

I’m going to get so fat.

Any word if this is open yet? I thought I saw a TV commercial on CNN stating that it would be open sometime in December. Anyone know for sure?

Supposed to be open by December 5, but postponed until, who knows.

I am in Beitou, so Guandu would be quite good, much better than Zhonghe or Neihu.