Have one:

Durins Bane

Need six.

:laughing:

Tired of the sidelines huh?

I’m in.

Tired of the sidelines huh?

I’m in.[/quote]

Looks as if the one 'zine I was playing in has folded so I need a Dip fix.

Have.
Durins Bane
miltownkid

Need five.

I’d like to play…
but

i don’t know how
:blush:

[quote=“Maoman”]I’d like to play…
but

I don’t know how
:blush:[/quote]

I will teach you…you can trust me. :sunglasses:

You’re in, Big Chief. I’ll PM you and exclaim the basic rules.

Have three:

Durins Bane
Miltownkid
Maoman

before I decide if I wanna play or not, can you tell me what this game is?

Count me in too.

i’m in…teach me though.

I was keeping a record in the form of a blog, but got tired of it. You can see that here:
theshire2004na.blogspot.com/

It’s kind of like Chess (in that you have to make educated moves) except educated moves alone won’t win the game for you. You need to work with the other players in order to succeed (England learned that the hard way :laughing:).

Basically 7 people each control a country and you have to form alliances with other countries to gain more area (and more armies), you can also trick and lie to the other players on the board, but if you do it too quickly or “distastefully” you may ruin your chances for future alliances (and thus potentially ruin your chance of victory).

Smooth talking (aka Diplomacy) is every bit as important and smart playing, maybe even more so.

Some “googling” will bring up a lot of info.

For those intertested in playing, but don’t know how:

The rules (pdf)
wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf

Map:
diplom.org/Online/maps/map_c.gif

Java Ap:
realpolitik.sourceforge.net/JavaDip/index.html

Realpolitik download:
realpolitik.sourceforge.net/

Brian

count me in if there’s still a spot.

Okay, we have.

Durins Bane
miltownkid
Maoman
Tempo Gain
Bu Lai En
Frost
en pai?

Bu was very kind in posting links and the first timers should look over those sites. Please post any questions here.

Those playing in TheShire will be given different countries to play in this game. I personally will play any country with the exception of Germany. I have played Germany in my last three game starts and would like a change.

Please give me a list of countries you would like to play. I will take care of your lists first and then take the country that is left over.

About GMing, I can run this game but would also happily let someone else do it if they want. I am a hard core gamer and cheating is a big no-no. So be rest assured that I won’t be peaking at orders before I turn mine in. Winning is all nice and good, but with diplomacy, getting to the win is the whole reason for playing.

We can start when everybody is familar with the rules and the countries have been assigned.

Thanks for all the info guys. It seems that each person would be be playing individually. Since I am not a hard core gamer - in fact, not even a gamer - I think I will have to step back and let you pros strategize and politicize. Have fun!

Thanks enpai for your interest. Follow this new game and see if it is something you may want to try in the future.

Okay.

Have 6. Need 1.

OK I will. Thanks Durins

I’ll play any country.

Randomly choose one for me.

May I suggest MK to GM it. No offence DB, but it seems your schedule led to a few GMing mishaps. MKI would probably be able to use Realpolitik and host a map on his site which would be good (even post the Realpolitik file every turn?).

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]I’ll play any country.

Randomly choose one for me.

May I suggest MK to GM it. No offence DB, but it seems your schedule led to a few GMing mishaps. MKI would probably be able to use Realpolitik and host a map on his site which would be good (even post the Realpolitik file every turn?).

Brian[/quote]

MK GM DiP? OK

DB

I wouldn’t mind. It’d give me a reason to keep a blog for the game updated. Making the files and all that wouldn’t be a problem either.

GM is a great experience…all the positive comments you will receive will really boost your self-esteem. :laughing:

Just sent my preference list, though any country is fine with me.

Is this like Risk?