New Eastern European cafe opening in Yilan [CLOSED]

Greeting everyone.
We (I am from Ukraine and my wife Taiwanese) opening cafe in Yilan. Opening date: September 30.
It’s located near the intersection at Yilan University on No.235, Nongquan Rd., Yilan City, Yilan County.
Here is the Google Maps link (pre-store opening time) [url]Google Maps
We have 5 items on the menu so far:
Russian blini (similar to french crepes)
Sweet:

• Original blini (butter, sugar (lemon juice if desire)) NT30

• Original blini with Nutella NT40

• Original blini with Nutella and banana NT25 (for small) NT45 (for large)
    Savory:

• Original blini with Ham, Cheese and salad NT50

• Original blini with Canadian Bacon, Cheese and salad NT55
    (Choice of cheese: Pepper Jack or Provolone)

Soft Drinks:

• Russian Kvass NT30

• Starbucks beans Coffee NT40

Combos NT70:

• Original blini (Ham, Cheese, salad) & Kvass

• Original blini (Nutella) & Starbucks beans Coffee

Combos NT75

• Original blini (Canadian Bacon, Cheese and salad) & Kvass
  • Original blini (Nutella, Banana) & Coffee.

Please visit our cozy little cafe, enjoy the food and watch and listen Russian, Ukrainian and European music video clips.

First 3 days we will be running promotion “Name Your Own Price” (limit 1 per person) where you can try our food and pay as much as you think it cost.

We also will have every week or every other week : “Week Special” when we prepare blini with different fillings by different recipes additionally to our regular menu. At these “Week Special” we also will be introducing customers to other Russian and Ukrainian food such as pelmeni, borsh, etc.

I will attach menu to this post later.

Thank you.

Serge

Here is a menu

hmm all chinese words got skewed

Congrats and best wishes to your business. Sounds like very fair pricing. Maybe you could add a few items as well , in addition to the blini?

Thank you for good wishes tommy.
We will be adding additional items to our menu after initial response of the customers to our “Week Special” offering

Two days until opening :pray:

Taiwanese would love salo, I’m sure. It’s from a pig and anything from a pig is popular here.

Also, I wasn’t sure Nutella was a traditional Ukrainian food. :raspberry:

I am not gonna give to ANYONE mine salo! :no-no:
Even for the big bucks! :laughing:

“…Also, I wasn’t sure Nutella was a traditional Ukrainian food…” I thought so too until I tried first time, now it’s on the list of my favor (ukrainian) foods :discodance:

I have always wanted to try Borscht. I really hope your cafe works out because there are just not that many authentic foreign eateries here in Yilan County. I live in Luodong and I will definitely cruise by Yilan and give some support. 2 more days right? oops…it’s already 15 minutes past midnight. 1 more day! See you soon! :laughing:

Over the summer I was up on the Russian Chinese border. Had some fantastic blini at this little bakery at the very northern tip of China in the town of Mohe. Weird little place. The town burnt down in 1985 and they rebuilt in a Russian imperial style. Every time I dropped by the baker he had a music or dance student over that he was teaching waltzes. Not your typical Chinese town. :laughing:

Anyway, I hope your blini can compare to my memories.

GREAT! I start a new job near there soon and would love to try some new food! My ol’ veggie buffet full of soggy veggies is getting old.

We had great opening day and follow up day.
We opened at 3 pm and closed at 6 pm.
Served about 70 and 90 customers until we were sold out for the day.
Since we run special promotion (Name your own price) for 3 days it’s difficult to say if we were successful or not. Some people were putting in the jar the approximate price (stated on the menu) some people were just dropping probably 1-5 dollars, but someone put 1000NT in the bucket. Time to time there were long lines even my wife and I work very fast and efficient.
We had family (I think it were first customers) told us they came from Taipei to try our food (friend from Yilan recommend them)
But very important now, we know that a customers like out food and Russian Kvass is a big success.
Tomorrow is a last day of promotion so if you want to get a great western/ukranian/russian food please stop by and say Hello and try our Kvass, blini (Canadian bacon, pepper Jack or Provolone was favor combination) or Starbucks beans brewed coffee.

It’s a pity you’re not in Taipei, I’d pop in even tomorrow; I’ll remember about you when I’m in Yilan though. :slight_smile:

Posting few photos from opening

Here is a short video of Mr.Balagov cafe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOFRiwgaLw

Looks great. I’ll have to drop by next time I’m in Yilan. (Which unfortunately is only about once a year).

This week we will have a “Back to school” promotion:
Buy one of our fresh brewed coffee from Starbucks beans ($40) and get second cup %50 off.
We also have: Espresso, Capuchino, Latte and coffee Americano.

We now offering new products:
Vegetarian: Blini with salad and choice of cheeses and walnuts $40
Sweet: Blini with Blueberry, Raspberry and sour cream toppings $55
Kompote: as a hot drink (excellent for this cold weather: warm you up right away plus great of source of vitamin C) made from a LOT of apples, lemon peels, etc.)
Please check our new website: http://www.mrbalagov.com

Thank you for supporting us! :notworthy:
Happy Valentines Day!