New Eslite Bookshop nr. City HAll Taipei

Eslite have just opened their new 3,200 square metre shop near City Hall Station (Shr Jung Fu). It is in the New Uni President Bldg corner of Song Gao and Jilong Roads. Books Books and CDs and all the usual extras…cafes etc.

Pretty impressive range of local and imported reading material.

:bravo: Sure is great news! Read about the opening in Friday’s China Post.

Page One’s always been, well, ‘Number One’ for us. How does the new Eslite Store compare, llama_lout?

It’s bigger and I had the impression that the choice was bigger as well. I especially like the big section of Simplified Chinese books imported from Mainland. There are a lot of English books as well within each section. It’s my new favorite bookstore!

[quote=“TaiwanSaffies”]:bravo: Sure is great news! Read about the opening in Friday’s China Post.

Page One’s always been, well, ‘Number One’ for us. How does the new Eslite Store compare, llama_lout?[/quote]

Too crowded to give a valid response! The CDs duplicate Dunhua rd store

Just come back. Certainly impressive - reminiscent of the old Taipei main station branch, only more spread out. Had a good mooch round for half an hour, but by the end only picked up a couple of things and only one of those (‘Wilt in Nowhere’ by Tom Sharpe) I couldn’t find anywhere else.

Mind you, if you haven’t got your January Q or Empire yet, they’ve got tons of those…

I was there today, it’s pretty great. The whole store encompasses 8 floors. 3 floors for the main bookshop,1 floor stationary and home decor, 2 floors fashion?! The 5th floor is the childrens section and the only one I actually made it to. Has an enormous selection of kids books plus kids clothing shops, toy shops and a childrens museum. Unfortunately the kids “museum” charges 300nt per child plus 200nt adult entrance!

Oh yes, B1 is the food court with deli, organic shop, large vegetarian buffet, pho and lots more.

How is the service? I have always found Eslite service to be sub par. I would rather pay page 1s prices and have someone help me than have to try to locate a title in a language I suck at all by myself.

A friend mentioned to me yesterday and I agree that it would be nice if the book stores here had self-serve computers, so you can do a search for stuff by yourself.

This store does.

It made for a nice shortcut last night after the fireworks at 101.

I found the layout less than intuitive

The children’s museum there is all hands on and great for kids. But I’d advise going on a weekday if possible.

jdson MD works on Curious George.

Cruising!!

Boy in a bubble.

jdson DDS

Oh, and I saw my wife at the museum. :smiling_imp:

Get there soon though before the ticket prices go up…now 150NT…until the 19th