🆔 New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

1 Like

CTBC’s OTP to validate a replacement credit card does not work with the old format ARC, I stuck in a number instead of the letter in second place and it also get’s rejected, not sure if that’s because it doesn’t match the expected format or it doesn’t exist in their records, suspect the former.

Might be because the checksum did not match.

Try new format example ID A900000016.
My guess it will not work either.

A200000016 does go through though, at least until the next screen where the mismatch between phone number and account is highlighted. Add CTBC to the list!

1 Like

There’s old number information behind the new arc, basically you have 2 id numbers. No need to update everything, unless you want to apply for a new service.

Not necessarily, as the old number isn’t your ID number anymore. It’s just there for reference to show that the two numbers refer to the same person. Many places are requiring that you update your number if you’re issued a new one.

3 Likes

Between this thread and all the posts I see on Facebook about people having problems with the new ID number, I haven’t seen anything at all to suggest that it’s remotely worth updating until the last possible minute (in my case, I’m guessing that will be when my current gold card expires in 2023 or if I move apartments, whichever comes sooner).

What a farce, lol :grin:

7 Likes

Yep, and it’s not as if the powers that be weren’t warned more than a few times that it would be a farce and pretty much a useless exercise (for us).

6 Likes

Wrong.

Useless for them.

Detrimental for us.

8 Likes

Oh, I’m 100% sure those involved got big kudos and probably promotions for their efforts. The next crew will get the same for fixing this mess in 20 years or so when they get around to it.

7 Likes

What a waste of taxpayer’s money.

3 Likes

I am still with the old ARC number and I was unable to register on the app for the Uniform Invoice Lottery that rejected it as wrong. Has any of you tried registering with the new number? Was it successful?

What is this ?

Each fapiao you get from buying things has a lottery number where you can win up to $10 million every two months.

1 Like

I’ve got $4000 once and a couple of $1000 and the smaller prizes. But I hate sorting through a mountain of receipts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I won $1200 from six different fapiaos.

I’ll sort yours for ya for a portion of the profits.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I loved the idea of storing them all on an app that would automatically tell you if you won and how much you won. Did you guys try it? The name on Google Play is 統一發票兌獎. My friends are all using it. The cashier just needs to scan the bar code generated by the app. I tried registering, but it told me that my ARC number is invalid. Curious to know whether it happens with the new one as well.

2 Likes

Try A900000016

A9 is a Taipei City Foreign Female

I found it in one of governments promotional videos.
Curious if they actually bothered to make sure nobody got that ID. :sideeye:

2 Likes

[quote=“Marco, post:219, topic:200014, full:true”]
Try A900000016

1 Like