🆔 New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

3 Likes

Lol I wish I could. But the app requires mine or the money that I win will go to the foreign female living in Taipei :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Then use a non winning Fapiao number

We’re just trying to see if it will accept the new number.

1 Like

Tried it just now. Rejected as well :thinking:

3 Likes

Like a year ago I registered with old format ARC without issues.

1 Like

I followed this guide:

https://translatingtaiwan.com/2017/09/06/taiwans-receipt-lottery-get-virtual-receipts-and-connect-to-your-bank-account/

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been using this app for more than a year now and it’s really convenient. Once I get a notification that my receipt has won, I just rummage through all my 2 mths worth of receipts to find the winning one and then scan it and the money goes directly to my bank account.

3 Likes

Has not anything to do with the ID format. But this annoys me:

四、本活動適用本國人參加,非本國人不適用。

@Marco Why are they allowed to do this?

I don’t really care about a stupid promotion. Just grinds my gears that they always exclude foreign residents by default.

5 Likes

I will call the MP!

4 Likes

“If we give foreigners the poxy NT$50 of EasyWallet credit, what’s to stop them taking it back to their country when they go home and spending it there?”

Yeah, pathetic. Oops, sorry…I meant “Taiwan #1”. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Does anyone need a new phone plan?

I was playing around and noticed the phone plan registration on CHT did not reject a test ARC number in the new format, and it accepts an NHI card as the secondary form of ID.

Game changing if true.

6 Likes

I hope it works. It may force the other carriers to play ball or else lose foreigner business

1 Like

I actually thought about trying to register…but then it clicked that I still have the old ID number and would need to update to the new one first.

So, yeah, no chance I’m going to do that until absolutely necessary, phone plan or not. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

I take it, then, that you were not among the group of people who impulsively changed their Chinese names for the short-term gain of some free sushi? :rofl:

Guy

6 Likes

You are correct! It would take a lot more than that to tempt me into a trip down to immigration.

3 Likes

A sceptical me thinks this is due to them not yet knowing about the number change, an error of omission rather than intentional inclusion!

4 Likes

The CHT website could be the first one. Someone please test it by signing up.

1 Like

Not really game changing. I’ve changed it from passport to arc, but then you cannot access some features you cannot even use their app anymore :slight_smile: to check basic things like usage, bill pay, complaints etc.

Had to change it back to passport to get it to work.

5 Likes

Yeah, 'course it’s not a simple win :wink: The bit I wanted to highlight was the ability to sign up for a phone plan online. As far as I’m aware that has not been possible for foreign nationals to date with any provider.

Now have a direct link to the list of things I’ve collected: https://identity.tw/#transparency-report

Had some fun with some hiking websites last night … it’s like your experience at CHT: works for some parts but not others.

7 Likes