šŸ†” New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

Oh, so thatā€™s why my health insurance card is the only one I see with the picture entirely rubbed off! Itā€™s only been in my wallet; itā€™s not as if I treat it any differently than anyone else. (Yeah Iā€™ve got the 外ē± under the picture.)

The text is all still fine. Itā€™s just the photo thatā€™s long gone.

3 Likes

I have a missing number on my ID number :smiley:

3 Likes

What is missing? The ID number should have 10 characters.

1 Like

One of the numbers has been mostly scratched off from the constant pulling in and out of wallet. This card is from 2015 so itā€™s on its lasted legs. On Thursday Iā€™m going to the post office to get a new one with my updated ID number on

2 Likes

The new NHI cards seem better. The ink is under the protective plastic and canā€™t be scratched off easily.

4 Likes

Oh I think mine is older than most of my university students.

3 Likes

They do, you can log into the website with your new ID and card number and download the certificate

• should is the operative word here. Moreover, the stickers definitely do not carry over.

• I trusted everything will work out in the end. However, the gist of my story was that I was potentially not given correct information at the beginning (immediately after receiving the new ID) and that the follow-through has been, while convenient (just hand over a photo) confusing, incomplete, and irritating. For example, had I shown up with only my new healthcare card, I would not have been able to see the doctor at all (this I was told).

1 Like

You guys are making me feel old. I remember the old cards that used to get stamped every time you visited the doctor, and then you had to apply to get a new one when the cats was full ā€¦ which received further stamps each time you saw the doc. Always thought it was a flawed and inconvenience system, but that is what it was like. Iā€™ve stopped counting the years.

5 Likes

Almost forgot about those. The paper started to get pretty tatty before they got filled with stamps.

2 Likes

No tatters if you used up every possible sick day (paid or unpaid) due to ongoing gastrointestinal issues. And I was a teetotaler at the time :laughing:

1 Like

Heh. Iā€™m racking my brain trying to remember what they looked like. Green with a pasted on photo? I seem to remember gluing a photo back on after it fell off.

1 Like

At the tax office right now and they have this booklet about the new ID card number.

Interesting that banks are supposed to be able to update your account to the new ID number automatically

9 Likes

I think itā€™s safe to say that whoever wrote that probably didnā€™t have to go through all the nonsense of getting the new numberā€¦

14 Likes

:rofl:

Q5 & Q8 are wrong :unicorn:

Is this the book of 'Wishful thinking?

I hope the process improved from what I had to go through almost a year ago. At that time some banks didnā€™t even know that ID number could be changed.

5 Likes

Everyone Iā€™ve met in banks and government have known about it, hasnā€™t caused me too much hassle yet

2 Likes

When you need to go into banks one by one it is a tremendous waste of time. As we know a typical visit could be one hour or more.

Also many banking functions such as phone banking may not work with updated arc number because non standard. I could not activate my atm card by phone this week for instance.

1 Like

The page for applying for digital vaccine certificate via NHI card & passport doesnā€™t work with the new ID number, or at least mine. It worked before when my NHI card still had the old format ID number. I donā€™t think itā€™s an issue of vaccine info not being transferred (although that is an issue when I checked through NHI app) because it says that the ID card number is wrong.

https://dvc.mohw.gov.tw/vapa/apply/NHILogin.init.ctr

Does it work for anyone else?

I already have the vaccine certificate downloaded from a few months ago, but was trying to download again to ensure that my vaccine info is linked to my new ID number, after updating my NHI card to the new ID number format yesterday. Through the NHI app I see no vaccine record, despite being able to see a full record before switching over to the new format. So, another question is, how do we transfer our medical/vaccine history over from our old to new ID card numbers? Youā€™d think the government would be competent enough to do that.

This one is for Taiwan Nationals

You should use this one instead for Foreign Nationals.
https://dvc.mohw.gov.tw/vapa/apply/NRSelectLoginWay.init.ctr

3 Likes

Thanks, it works!

So I guess our vaccine data is moved across.

I wonder why it doesnā€™t show up on NHI app.

1 Like