🆔 New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

China Airlines Co-Branding CTBC credit card form doesn’t accept ARC numbers.

https://ob.ctbcbank.com/card/#/apply?CrdTp=&Crd=C_CAL&CrdF=8538&CrdFace=02&CrdB=&CrdG=&Unit=&Emp=&SPC=&Seed=ODUzOFcwMDMy&Fa=Y&Chnl=

6 Likes

To be fair, none of the credit card online applications except AMEX accept foreigner ID numbers as far as I know.

5 Likes

That’s true. But it doesn’t change the fact that they should.

5 Likes

Yup. Super shit

4 Likes

They do accept application via mail and in the bank. I’ve been offered this one a few times.

4 Likes

31 posts were merged into an existing topic: MoI is planning to change the ID Number format

104 won’t let me sign up with my new ID number. How are others signing up to the site? Old one doesn’t seem to be accepted either. Pretty annoying

2 Likes

I could not reproduce this on this url: 歡迎使用 104 服務

The javascript accepts ARC numbers. A bit hard to look through as the JS is minified.

ee("identityFormat", e => !e || !e.length || dt(e) ? !0 : "\u8EAB\u5206\u8B49\u683C\u5F0F\u4E0D\u7B26");
ee("ARCFormat", e => !e || !e.length || /^[a-zA-Z][89abcdABCD][0-9]{8}$/.test(e) ? !0 : "\u5C45\u7559\u8B49\u683C\u5F0F\u4E0D\u7B26");
ee("checkIdentity", e => !e || !e.length ? !0 : ct(e) ? dt(e) ? !0 : "\u8EAB\u5206\u8B49\u683C\u5F0F\u4E0D\u7B26" : /^[A-Za-z]*$/.test(e) ? "\u53EA\u5141\u8A31\u82F1\u6587\u548C\u6578\u5B57\u7D44\u5408\u7684\u8B49\u4EF6\u865F\u78BC\u683C\u5F0F" : !0);
2 Likes

I was also just able to sign up on this page. Weird, through the app it wouldn’t let me but their regular site does let me signup. Should have tried that. Thank you

1 Like

App development often lags behind web. They need to update the app.
Or better just use an API which is accessed by both web and app and does all validation serverside.

1 Like

Hi team,

I am pleased to report that after 14 months of discussion with IKEA, IKEA has today reported that those holding ARCs will be able to sign up for an IKEA family card on their website.

Can someone please test it? 宜家卡 - IKEA

Also, it appears that the Chinese version of the page may have some differences.

11 Likes

No dice

3 Likes

Hmm. Looks like old format works, but new format doesn’t?

Not for me. Even the old one doesn’t work

2 Likes

How about the English version of the page?

Ah, that was my mistake. English version works both new and old ARC format by the looks of it.

Should work on the Chinese version though really. Quite an assumption to presume all foreigners speak English. Most probably don’t.

10 Likes

Literally all they need to do is copy and paste the updated code into the Chinese version of the website. 5 minute job max.

3 Likes

for me not working, holding a Gold Card. Ikea website in English.

@fifieldt this seems something pertaining to you.

6 Likes

Thanks for the help testing! I have let IKEA know.

7 Likes

Looks like after your reports at least they fixed the English site :slight_smile:

7 Likes