šŸ†” New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

Printed receipt. Bring it to 7/11 or Hi-life. The casher asks for my ARC card. Some struggle, then eventually no. Happened twice.

That is really weird.

This has to work, I do this all the time. (because if I give them to my wife, Iā€™ll never see my 200!) Try another 7-11ā€¦ or stay there until they give you your 200!

2 Likes

I second this. Itā€™s your right. I would be digging my feet in in such a scenario.

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, Iā€™ve seen them scanning the receipts twice because they probably use the normal ID section and they need to rescan to use passport or ARC section (I donā€™t know how their system looks like) but it must be just incompetent staff.

2 Likes

Geeā€¦ I wonder if that could be solved by creating one column that encompasses everybody!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s ridiculous. How should that ever work?

See below.

Iā€™d go even further and put the whole country as 1-9 adding flexibility for a possible population growth and addition of other factors.

[A-Z][1-9][00000000-99999999]

AND a national drive to replace all foreignerā€™s ARCs within one or two years.

3 Likes

In other words, anything but old and new UI schema.

Like whoever thought of possible solutions was: pick a solution a), b), c), d)ā€¦
I choose z)!
Why? boss just asked me to create a new schemaā€¦ cha bu duoā€¦ 安å…Øē‰Œ

Can even go one further and go Hexadecimal.

[A-Z][1-F][00000000-FFFFFFFF]

An ID number to last the next three hundred years.

7-11 tells me I can not get money, only buy get some stuff with it.

What time did you go?

You can now, at the beginning you could only use it to buy things from there but now you can get full cash.

Taishinā€™s Richart doesnā€™t like the new ID too.

Is there anything except additional hassle we got out of the change?

7 Likes

Nope.

A warm fuzzy feeling of quasi-inclusivity?

If someone has Keoniā€™s contact please send them these concerns. Hopefully if itā€™ll be visible to the powers that be, things may improve

If this is the level of understanding of computer systems amongst the top 10 greats of Taiwan, heaven help them!

ā€œ Audrey Tang is a Taiwanese free software programmer and minister without portfolio of Taiwan, who has been described as one of the ā€œten greatest Taiwanese computing personalitiesā€ā€

You wanna send Keoni to defend foreigners?

Keoniā€¦Everington. The one whose articles seem to waste no opportunity to take a jab at the expense of a foreigner?

That guy?

7 Likes

Not to come to his defense but last year he had 2 articles reporting on foreigners being denied entryā€¦one to nightclub in Taipei and the other to temple in Miaoli.

When questioned by Taiwan News, the woman claimed the temple was following ā€œgovernment regulationsā€ in banning foreigners.

I do remember a lot of clubs saying they were following instructions from police as wellā€¦donā€™t think anybody got a fine or warning for spreading false info. about Covid-19 regulations since it was aimed at foreigners (and well itā€™s the clubsā€¦)