New forum? Games challenges and puzzles

Just wondering about the idea of having a new forum for games, challenges, quizzes and puzzles.

What do you think?

Brian

EG

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=12120&start=240
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=2334

Ax’s online squabble (Calling all wordsmith) wherever that is.

There’s been more I forget.

Brian

Not sure if there’s enough of those sort of posts to need a seperate forum ? And isn’t there enough forums already ?
But I can see dozens of threads in the Open Forum that would be better in a forum of their own, or even better in the flame forum (because they are flames).

What about a Political forum so other open forum topics don’t get swallowed up…Then you wouldn’t need a games break off…or better yet…use the Fun and Games group forum for posting games and puzzles…isn’t that what it’s for?

Then again, I can’t imagine how much fun it would be to moderate a political forum here although it would be nice for the open forum mods to take a break.

Yes, what ImaniOU says.
Maybe that forum could have very little moderating, you know what these people are like if you split off an off-topic thread into its own thread “You censored my post, you fascist, what about free speech” blah blah blah… Put it in something like a flame forum, with a big red flashing warning light, or even THE actual flame forum. Why not, Gus ?

Or: here’s another idea, run it up your flagpole and see if anyone salutes it.
These logic puzzles and games have a wide appeal, anyone can just join in when they feel like it. But the political topics seem to me to be only popular with a few individuals, correct me if I’m wrong. So how about creating a private discussion group for them ?

If I wanted to have a group, what is involved ? There being a Tolkien group has given me an idea… I won’t say what it is, it’s really embarrassing and geeky. :blush:

Do the letters of this group topic have initials whose letters appear consecutively in the alphabet (and in alphabetical order as well)?

:wink:

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Do the letters of this group topic have initials whose letters appear consecutively in the alphabet (and in alphabetical order as well)?

;-)[/quote]Yes, but the initials of “Fluffy Kitten” aren’t quite consecutive.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]

If I wanted to have a group, what is involved ? There being a Tolkien group has given me an idea… I won’t say what it is, it’s really embarrassing and geeky. :blush:[/quote]

Go on, tell. I bet it has something to do with Star Trek? Dungeons and Dragons? What’s geekier?

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]

If I wanted to have a group, what is involved ? There being a Tolkien group has given me an idea… I won’t say what it is, it’s really embarrassing and geeky. :blush:[/quote]

Go on, tell. I bet it has something to do with Star Trek? Dungeons and Dragons? What’s geekier?[/quote]

Hey! Vin Diesel plays Dungeons and Dragons. Star Trek…yes…it is for geeks…and dweebs…and droolies…and Larrys… but Dungeons rocks! :smiley:

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]

Go on, tell. I bet it has something to do with Star Trek? Dungeons and Dragons? What’s geekier?[/quote]Yes, it’s something like one of those, in fact, it’s exactly about one of those :blush:
There does seem to be a few people into it on here, they don’t say who they are, for obvious reasons.

Matthew,

Sorry… I disagree again. While not many people participate in the political threads, I think lots of folks enjoy reading these. I don’t think Rascal will ever understand why it is he is so wrong… but perhaps others will understand :wink:

[quote=“tigerman”]
Matthew,

Sorry… I disagree again. [/quote]You disagree with me again ? Are you trying to get me into an argument ? Well, it won’t work, let’s have a cuddle.

But fair enough, it’s not a big deal. But I look at the lastest posts on my favourite Taiwan website, and see yet another thread on “Why are Muslims so and so”, “Why is Bush blah blah blah ?” I just feel :unamused:

Look BFM,
This is how you start a group. PM a bunch of folks on here whom you think will be interested. Then, if you feel you have enough interested parties, PM gus and ask him if he would mind starting one for you. That’s it.

[quote=“Alien”]Look BFM,
This is how you start a group. PM a bunch of folks on here whom you think will be interested. Then, if you feel you have enough interested parties, PM gus and ask him if he would mind starting one for you. That’s it.[/quote]You want to go around asking people if they like such-and-such, they’ll laugh at me :cry:

Hey BFM,

I pick up shit all the time about my choices of games, even though I enjoy the same games with the likes of Vin Diesel, Brendon Frazier, and Mike Myers (Lothar of the Hills :slight_smile: )

PM me about your gaming idea and I will give my expert gaming advice concerning your gaming tastes. Of course, I won’t tell anyone.

DB

Big Fluffy Matthew…don’t worry…I’m as :-B as they come.

Hi…big stupid game geek here…

I play Warhammer and Dungeons and Dragons… are there any groups in Taichung interested in starting up…

I’m also bigger than all my friends… so I just squashed the ones who laughed and said “D&D is for 13 year old geeks…”

Cheers!